Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Gen Glitch, Civs stop expanding, why?  (Read 446 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Gen Glitch, Civs stop expanding, why?
« on: August 02, 2014, 05:40:21 am »

Every time I generate a world 3 or 4 of the civs stop expanding, they just plant a few towns down and then remain stagnant, although some civs sprawl out into expanding empires, i know this is a glitch and I suspect it may be connected to the perfect world utility, but i am not sure, and if so what what could cause this? the PW utility just messes with the DF settings, so there should be a way to just adjust a setting in world generation right? I am at the end of my rope, I dont know what to do, it doesnt appear in the errorlog so it has to be a legitimate setting, it doesnt happen when i generate a random world, but theres no way i could play in such a unstructured and messy map, i would be unable to connect with it as a world, i need structure i have severe ocd.

anyway, whatever help you can offer would be great, i just need to know if anyone else has had this problem and were to start looking for a fix... just a hint at which way to look for a solution, preferably anywhere who knows what could cause this would be great.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen Glitch, Civs stop expanding, why?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 06:26:20 am »

Could it be the cap for number of sites allowed on the map kicking in?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 02:28:44 pm »

It appears to be caused by the PW utility... I am very frustrated now, its become obvious that there is nothing I can do to fix this.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 05:32:15 pm »

That utility is probably not updated for v40.05. Memory offsets and all that. I would just, as a rule of thumb, not use any utility unless it explicitly says that it is designed for the current subversion, and even then, expect bugginess.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 06:27:59 pm »

That utility is probably not updated for v40.05. Memory offsets and all that. I would just, as a rule of thumb, not use any utility unless it explicitly says that it is designed for the current subversion, and even then, expect bugginess.

The creator assured everyone that it is indeed updated for v40.05