Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-responsive werelizard dwarf?  (Read 481 times)

Moleculor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-responsive werelizard dwarf?
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:33 pm »

A werelizard! Beware it's bite!

So a werelizard bit one of my dwarves. He's DEFINITELY infected (walled him up in the room they took him to, he transformed the next full moon).

I tried assigning him to a burrow while he was unconscious, in an attempt to make them take him there. That didn't work. Now he's awake, alive, fully healed, and just... there. Not moving. Not doing ANYTHING. I can't get him to go to his burrow, and he's not even doing work. He's just staying in the spot he transformed in, naked.

Have I run into a bug? Am I missing something non-obvious? I've even tried turning him into his own squad and giving him orders. He won't move. Cancelling the squad order forced him to start thinking about Fishing, and that's his current 'task', but he's still not moving.

I can't tell if he's still in bed or not. I'm dismantling the bed next, to see what happens. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:51:43 pm by Moleculor »

v_nome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Non-responsive werelizard dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 12:46:34 am »

Probably asking the obvious question here. Is the room no longer walled off, locked, or anything like that?

Moleculor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:08:43 am »

Yup. Had multiple people coming and going as they pleased, picking up furniture and the like.

Dismantling the bed kicked him into motion. He's dead now, but he infected someone else.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to kill a werelizard without magma or other people getting infected. Crossbows seem to be barely effective, though part of that is because most of my marksdwarfs run at the sight or aren't carrying bolts in their quivers, despite me having hundreds of bolts available.

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 06:20:00 am »

I seem to recall that werecreatures are very tough in their wereform but while there are in humanoid form a few applications of an axe or sword or something similar should be easy and work fine. I also trapped a werecreature in wereform in a cage trap, and then walled up the cage somewhere, out of sight, out of mind.
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite