Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie Seige Problems  (Read 1032 times)

protoman88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombie Seige Problems
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:38 pm »

Good Evening Bay 12

With this new version i seem to be getting lots of necromancer seiges.

The issue is that the zombies will not actually attack they will just mill around the edges of the map unless a dwarf gets to close.  and even then when a dwarf runs away the zombie seems to forget about him.

I am trying to lure them into traps but no luck with that either, i built a network of walkways around the fortress wall to try to lure them into my trapped entrance way.

Has any one had any luck repelling these zombie seiges so early with only 7 dwarfs?

Cholek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Seige Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

I have same problem. I'm trying to build platform on top of the region and drop it on heads of zombies.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 04:43:45 am »

Build a stairway from the surface strait down to the magma sea. Scout around for candy. Once found, take a single dwarf and dig strait down into the vein. Your miner will die almost immediately but that will soon be followed by everything living or unliving on the surface also perishing including those pesky zombies. Zombie problem solved.  :)

One last word of advice. Celebrate your victory over the zombies as quickly as possible or you may not get a chance to revel in their glorious defeat.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:46:52 am by Melting Sky »

Sda209

• Bay Watcher
  • Writer and Persona-user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:10:21 am »

No zombie sieges in this new version yet on my end, although I used to get quite a bit of them in the previous one. Since they're just standing at the edge of the map, you might as well continue about your business minus the caravans... Perhaps this is a bug?