Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF40_05 Adventure - Tracking skill visual spam?  (Read 317 times)

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF40_05 Adventure - Tracking skill visual spam?
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

Is anyone else running into a problem with their adventurer maxing out their Tracking skill (I guess from just wandering around seeing tracks) and then basically being unable to find objects/corpses/hostile monsters outdoors because they're all hidden under footprints?

I actually got ambushed by a night hag lurking under my own boot-print. XD

Two things to note: 1) I'm using the Phoebus tileset, is this causing the problem?  and 2) I've already tried every variation of pressing K, shift-K, alt-K, ctrl-K, and swearing at Armok.  This is occurring on the local view, not the Travel/Overland map.

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF40_05 Adventure - Tracking skill visual spam?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »

OMG replying to my own post. :D

Turns out the keybinds were set to have 'talk' and 'toggle tracks' on the same key.  Which is odd, since it's a default install. oO

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
Re: DF40_05 Adventure - Tracking skill visual spam?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 12:14:06 am »

That's odd, that issue was fixed a couple versions back (forget which precisely, but it was one of the first couple of bugfix releases). Did you unzip 0.40.05 over an old install? And did you turn on tracking information while in fast travel mode, before going into local view?
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.