Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible Mod Horror  (Read 1054 times)

Palpatine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible Mod Horror
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:44:24 pm »

Meph, I imagine you're aware of the 40.04 tree problems, where they drop limbs capable of soil penetration and shoot up through soil and rock.  You might want to hang onto a copy of 40.04 if you think you can duplicate this bug as a feature on certain creatures or a new megabeast.  Because a bunker buster from either above or below on anything makes it a vicious late game opponent if you wanted to up the difficulty. 

Edit:  Or, if it can't be applied to the creatures directly, you might be able to make them spawn the bugged version of the trees.  These suckers grow in about a week's in game time and are perfect for an invader to rip open defenses and force their way inside.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:49:39 pm by Palpatine »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Possible Mod Horror
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:15:57 am »

This kind of thing can be done with DFhack already, but I know Meph didn't want to include things that will mess up your fort's layout by poking holes in stuff.  I gave him a spell that opens up a pit leading straight into the Underworld under an enemy's feet but he didn't want it for that reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:12 am »

I didnt include it, because it unleashes the HFS when the bottom comes into view. Its instant death and FPS death for most players/forts.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:36 am »

I didnt include it, because it unleashes the HFS when the bottom comes into view. Its instant death and FPS death for most players/forts.
How about the possible feature suggested by Palpatine? Any chance we'll be seeing that?

Man, that'd be cool.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 11:37:05 am »

I cant replicate it, but I can make use of scripts to simulate it. But getting the AI to use it cleverly will be difficult.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::