Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That was an interesting and amusing bit of !!FUN!!  (Read 901 times)

c6r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That was an interesting and amusing bit of !!FUN!!
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:22:49 am »

I sent a wood cutter out to take down a tree that had grown in my fortress.  When the job was completed I get a random combat report.

Apparently logs struck the woodcutter and a bystander, and the woodcutter got thrown into another bystander.

What happened over the next 3 days (thus far) can only be described as a drunken bar brawl as dorfs in my fortress started attacking each other at random.

The woodcutter got beat into unconsciousness and brought to the hospital, only to have a passing farmer decide to beat him further as hes unconscious in bed.  Another farmer took it upon himself to beat the first farmer in the ribs.  A passing glassmaker dropped in to see what was going on and promptly got knocked out and then strangled to death by the jeweler.  The captain of the guard grabbed a passing hapless dorf, beat the poor thing into the floor, and then walked away like nothing happened... and on and on and on....

I have little fights happening all over my fortress.  The best part is that, thus far, nobody seems to care.  There have been no reported crimes nor any negative thoughts from this whole thing.  Everyone is still ecstatic to be there.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: That was an interesting and amusing bit of !!FUN!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:38 am »

Loyalty cascade. Apparently being flung into another dwarf counts as "attacking" them. That's hysterical.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:31:38 am »

Wait, does that mean the fortress is still (somewhat) functional during the loyalty cascade? People aren't just being drawn into a to-the-death melee now? I need to try this...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

c6r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:44:46 am »

Wait, does that mean the fortress is still (somewhat) functional during the loyalty cascade? People aren't just being drawn into a to-the-death melee now? I need to try this...

From what I saw, yeah....

Its over now.  Everyone just kind of migrated to the hospital and started fighting there, so I locked the door until it was over.  Surprisingly, the woodcutter that started it all survived.  He was beaten by almost everyone and almost every bone in his body is broken, but he's still alive and kicking... kind of.

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:41 am »

Amusing. So, even with hostility detection completely reworked, the Loyalty Cascade is still there, in a new, milder and crazier flavor. :)
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 01:18:50 pm »

Gota love loyalty cascades.  :D