Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary Weapons - Blunt vs Edged  (Read 979 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary Weapons - Blunt vs Edged
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

Going through the weapon tables from the manual, just noticed one thing:

The legendary blunt weapons are objectively significantly better than its edged counterparts. That is, while they seem nearly completely identical, given the much higher weight given to edged attacks in opposition to blunt attacks, and that the legendary attacks not only have superior stats over all but also are always edged, making so that legendary blunt weapons nearly always pick the the legendary attacks, unlike the legendary edged weapons that still have a fair chance of picking the "merely" good normal attacks.

A quick look over in Arena mode does seem to indicate that it is such, with the legendary attacks having a rather high statistical weight. Nearly all attacks with the supposedly blunt weapon (strangely enough, the dwarf seems to enjoy a bit too much using their hands instead of their weapons o.O ) goes over the legendary strike, with "Righteous Angry of Sigmar" this and "Holy Wrath of Sigmar" that.

While it's not a big problem in itself, specially given that Legendary weapons are supposed to be legendary and all that, but it does create two problems: Boring combat logs with little variety, and an imbalance between the legendary weapons, with blunt weapons being objectively better than the normal ones.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Weapons - Blunt vs Edged
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »

The same problem occured with the old rune weapons, which resulted in Meph giving all blunt weapons only blunt attacks. Kind of strange that this might have slipped his mind (again ;) )

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Weapons - Blunt vs Edged
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:49:48 pm »

(strangely enough, the dwarf seems to enjoy a bit too much using their hands instead of their weapons o.O )

The only time I've ever made a legendary weapon at the Weaponry and equipped it to an active military member, he never used it. In a battle with invaders, he only punched and headbutted the enemy. The combat logs made me think he must have somehow failed to equip the weapon but I checked his inventory and it was there. I didn't understand then and I don't now. The guide said "Legendary weapons might give you some surprises in the combat logs." Mine sure did.