Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics sets for 34.11 legacy version?  (Read 366 times)

Shrike77

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Graphics sets for 34.11 legacy version?
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:55:04 am »

Quick version:

Looking for graphics packs that work with 34.11 (or newer) LEGACY GRAPHICS version as the SDL version doesn't work for me. Any help finding them, and believe me I've looked hard already, would be appreciated.

Long version:

Having to use the legacy (non-SDL) version of DF as my graphics card seems to have problems with the SDL version. I've tried updating drivers, downgrading drivers, performance tweaks and hardware maintenance so believe me there's nothing else to do on that front short of buying a new machine.

The legacy version seems to work fine but there are no graphics packs that work with it as it has to use .BMP files instead of .PNG files - some pack makers include older versions but as SDL came out seemingly in the middle of a release cycle I can either use 40d, or 31.03 with whatever unpatched bugs that includes.

I tried installing an older Phoebus pack on top of 34.11 legacy but this, for some bizarre reason, turned the game into Human Fortress whereby I embark with 7 "medium sized creatures, prone to great ambition" and all the dwarves seem to be extinct. Also Kobold civilisations seem to be thriving. Weird.

So, does anyone know of decent graphics packs that work with the legacy version, or how I can convert packs designed for SDL (with .PNG images) to work with legacy (that needs .BMPs)?

Any help is appreciated.