Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 10 000 years of history...  (Read 747 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
10 000 years of history...
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »

...leads to goblin dominance.

Who knew?
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: 10 000 years of history...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:34:40 pm »

Heh how long did that take?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »

Heh how long did that take?
~1500 years. In fact, it is still generating the world (on ~3600 year right now) and I think nothing changed in the world for the last 1000 years.

These goblins are hella conservative.

And I think at the speed it is going right now, it will take 1.5 hours before it generate the remaining 6k years. Time to stop.

EDIT: There is a KOBOLD Forest Retreat in my world. What the hell is this?

EDIT2: So I was apparently wrong about the goblin dominance. Apparently "The Age of the Goblin" does not mean that goblins dominate the world. Silly me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:45:18 pm by Sergarr »
._.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:46:57 pm »

The one I just did (took 7 minutes, 20 seconds btw on a pocket world) ended in "twilight age" with all races still surviving.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:48:31 pm »

EDIT2: So I was apparently wrong about the goblin dominance. Apparently "The Age of the Goblin" does not mean that goblins dominate the world. Silly me.

Yeah, it means that majority of civilized race creatures are goblins  :P

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 01:57:58 pm »

Yeah, it means that majority of civilized race creatures are goblins  :P
Given that the majority of sites (including half of the former goblin ones) are claimed by humans/elves/KOBOLDS, I'm surprised. Have golbins discovered the secret of mega-cities?

EDIT: Other fun stuff includes:
 - The favorite activity of one Forest Retreat was devouring trolls (seriously, every single event from ~200 to ~4200 consisted of random people devouring a troll).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:03:00 pm by Sergarr »
._.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »

Going up to small sized worlds, I'm getting a lot mroe variance already. Sometimes equal strengths, sometimes age of the dwarf, sometimes goblin, sometimes titans hang aroudn for thousands of years somehow, etc.

The larger you go, the more sort of "momentum" groups can build up and swing at each other for more variance.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 02:15:32 pm »

I have a stupid question: Is there a way to see all wars between civilization in the current version?
._.