Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No religious Migrants?  (Read 606 times)

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No religious Migrants?
« on: July 21, 2014, 12:41:28 am »

Wanted to check if this a universal thing. I first noticed it in 40.02, thought it might have just been a quirky world gen, but it's happening again. The only Dwarves in my fortress of 80 with a deity listed under relationships are my 7 initial embark dwarves and the handful of babies who have been born here. Every single one of the other 70ish have no deity.

It's a pretty normal game. I'm coming from a healthy civilization with plenty of important figures. I can't think of any organic reason why this might be happening.

Wondering if others are experiencing the same.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No religious Migrants?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:05:10 am »

Maybe you just happened to find 2 civilizations of atheists?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:29:59 am »

Heh, you are right. None of my immigrants worships any deity either, just the initial 7, and any children born on site.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:36:37 am »

The migrants know the gods are dead and Urist has killed them. Urist also brought them back to life as zombies, but that's another story.