Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sandbox world point problem  (Read 1146 times)

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Sandbox world point problem
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:59:59 am »

Hey, this feels like pointless nitpicking, but altering the embark points in the map generator dose not increase the number of embark points when I do embark, no mater what I select as an embark profile.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or might there be a DF hack code i could use instead?

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sandbox world point problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:26:54 am »

Hey, this feels like pointless nitpicking, but altering the embark points in the map generator dose not increase the number of embark points when I do embark, no mater what I select as an embark profile.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or might there be a DF hack code i could use instead?

there is embark points setting in the Masterwork Settings window, I think it overrides DF settings.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:03:54 am »

there is embark points setting in the Masterwork Settings window, I think it overrides DF settings.

No, that's set to 10000 as well. They both are.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:15:24 am »

I noticed that the embark points are acting up as I was editing the embark profile, sometimes I cannot aford everything and next world gen I have extra points. I think the embark script is not working as we expect it to.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:48 am »

I think there may be issues in the gui updating the world gen file.  I was able to get the values to stick if I set them in perfect world at least.  Did you try running the emabark points command in dfhack before picking a site?  I think it is just "embark 10000".

Oh and there is a small variance, based on the wealth of your civilization I believe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:37:52 pm »

The GUI embark points do overwrite the points in the worldgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »

There are actually 2 different spots to set embark points in the GUI. Not sure which one takes precedence, I always just make sure they are set to the same thing.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 01:10:26 pm »

The embark points setting in my GUI are both different (1500 on the first page and 1274 on the last page), and in-game I set my usual map generation to 1500, but when I start setting up my embark I usually some random number close to 1700.. like 1684 or something o_o
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.