Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: worldgen  (Read 1307 times)

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
worldgen
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »

I was wondering, is there anything new with worldgen in the new version? like I mean the advanced parameters worldgen.
I would look at it myself but im a bit busy trying to adapt my mod to work in the new version.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: worldgen
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

You can turn the divine metals on and off and the way history unfolds has been changed and appears to be more realistic. Civilized races kind of spread like plagues when conditions are favorable, similiar to the real world. You tend to end up with denser clusters of settlements that can spread out over time to cover an entire region. You tend to get one or two powers dominating a world if you let it run long enough.

Larger worlds seem to be naturally much more balanced and less prone to having one race take over the whole planet but they are also very prone to lag, particularly with long histories. The world as a whole seems to develop much faster than it used to. Now in a couple hundred years you start to see the sorts of site development you would see with a millennium of history in the previous version.

I've personal found medium worlds with about 200 years of history to be a pretty good sweet spot. Also, beware of turning your mega fauna numbers up to ridiculous levels because they can easily wipe out every civilized creature on the planet. I've found you can at least double the numbers of nasties without any problem so long as the world's aren't too small.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:35:37 pm by Melting Sky »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »

hmm, I usually generate short histories on long worlds. So this looks good, cause im not too interested in the world getting overtaken by too many civs plaguing over all the wilderness land and stuff.
At the same time, you said site development happens more? so then even with short histories I should still be able to get some interesting tidbits of the past on the sites, yai?

Think im going to increase the civ cap....

And get wayyyy too many mega fauna....
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:59:43 pm »

im just going to continue using this thread so that I dont have to just make a new one.
I have a few questions about the new version and I want to see if anybody knows the answers.
1) what does making someboddy a hearthperson actually do?
2) Ok, I have an entity and I have been murdering goblins who attack me, or demanding that they yield but they dont. How do I actually commit to the site takeover?
3) How do I get people to follow me (they havent wanted to since hte new version of the game), or to join my entity, or to really get them to do anything for me?

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35:56 pm »

im just going to continue using this thread so that I dont have to just make a new one.
I have a few questions about the new version and I want to see if anybody knows the answers.
1) what does making someboddy a hearthperson actually do?
2) Ok, I have an entity and I have been murdering goblins who attack me, or demanding that they yield but they dont. How do I actually commit to the site takeover?
3) How do I get people to follow me (they havent wanted to since hte new version of the game), or to join my entity, or to really get them to do anything for me?
1)
Probably a home guard.

2)
It's a chat option.

3)
Also a chat option, success is influenced by your skills, target's personality traits, and most importantly your fame.
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:31:07 pm »

1) By rights, if I can have a home guard, shouldnt I be able to also have a home? how do I get that?
2) yeah, but I dont actually own the site. Like I yell at them that 'this is my site now!' but I want to get iit to like the point where people will recognize my sovereigneity and stuff
3) Thanks, that answers that question. I just have to be more famous, and be more empathic or socially aware or whatever.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 11:37:11 pm »

You claim the site and you have to eliminate anyone else who has a claim to the site (like the lord/lady). When successful you get a message telling you that you are the ruler now, and if you ask people about the ruler they will say it you. But even if they recognize you as the ruler they keep spitting on you and calling you murderer if killed the lord/lady.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:33 pm »

ok, I can deal with people spitting at me. I will just have to execute them for their insolence.
Anyways, I dont think that will happen when im in goblin territory.
So uh, how do I find the lord/lady?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 12:04:55 am »

In a building (I don't know what it's called), usuall y on the outskirts of town, it appears as a block of brown area in the travel map, has a building name (The X of X). Has lots of guards.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 12:19:51 am »

hmm. Well ok.

Anyways, about hearthperson... Does anybody know what it actually does? cause I have a bunch of random goblin soldiers who are my hearthpeople. Not sure what it means though.

exdeathbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 06:25:12 am »

As you said you can turn divine metals on and off (all advanced generator default parameters as it as on).
The rest of the values of the default advanced generators parameters is EXACTLY like the previous version (I tested it with a site that check differences in text files).

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:26:02 pm »

I think you can also take over a site if you get the lord(s) to join you in an insurrection.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »

I think you can also take over a site if you get the lord(s) to join you in an insurrection.
You (to Urist McRuler): Urist McRuler is a bane upon this site.  Join me in overthrowing him!
Urist McRuler (to you): I never liked Urist McRuler.
Urist McRuler joins your cause.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »

I wonder, is the AI currently able to make an insurrection against you after you take over a site ?