Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How can I find vampires?  (Read 1209 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How can I find vampires?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »

I believe you have to find a sleeping person and feed before it becomes official?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Leadpumper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 02:36:40 pm »

I tried that, but it didn't give me the option to feed on his sleeping neighbor

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 02:45:38 pm »

Yeah, I think Vamps are just always sprinting everywhere; not sure it has anything to do with FEAR.

Anyway, legstabs are necessary if you want your mark.  DON'T ACCUSE OF BEING A NIGHT CREATURE.  If they admit to being the person who's a Vampire, just fucking get the drop on them--they'll be halfway across the fastravel tile before you hear them shouting back about the many foes they've vanquished in their lust for blahblahblah.

Take a throatshot if you're feeling confident in your ability to hit, but even then I've had freaking goblins take a throat shot from a silver pike, have it open arteries and chip the spin\tendons, and they kept running--so legs are perhaps the new gold standard.  Additionally, I noticed more people knocking out from pain due to leg stabs than neck stabs.
Vampires, being dead, don't tire out at all. Thus, they're capable of sprinting forever until they think it's safe or they get stopped by something. They also don't breathe, don't age, don't feel pain, can't be stunned, don't suffer fevers, don't become nauseous, don't grow dizzy, and don't even have to sleep. To that end, you should take out their legs as fast as you can or else they'll sprint off into the night. You'll literally never catch them until they stop running unless you're a vampire as well, a necromancer, or some kind of creature that also won't tire out.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 02:47:10 pm »

Or they start climbing walls, which slows them down considerably.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »

I tried that, but it didn't give me the option to feed on his sleeping neighbor

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6097

Is bug.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]