Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: From discovering DF to your trek ariving at the forums  (Read 1483 times)

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From discovering DF to your trek ariving at the forums
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »

A friend of mine showed me liberal crime squad when I was at uni. A while later he sends me a link to WWI Medic telling me it was by the same guys who did LCS. I played both games at home then decided to check out what other games they had on the site. It must have been a while ago because I remember my first confused attempts at DF were before Z levels were introduced and cave-ins still happened. Also it used to crash 90% of the time so I gave up playing it for years. A while later I realised the game was still being updated and it was quite a lot more stable now so I began learning it all over again.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From discovering DF to your trek ariving at the forums
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 07:05:02 pm »

Watching some video about Infiniminer (the game that inspired Minecrart) somebody said in the comments it was "Doom meets Dwarf Fortress" or something. Of course I had to look it up.

At first I thought I was looking at random corrupt text on my screen and eventually dropped it. Some time latter i tried again. And then came the sleepless nights...

I guess I just checked for updates on the forums or something. I don't remember.
Pages: 1 [2]