Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestions for a challenge game?  (Read 624 times)

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suggestions for a challenge game?
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:12:12 am »

Purely by chance, the starting 7 dwarves in my newest 40.02 fortress are all female. "Huh, that's odd," I said to myself. Then I played for an hour before going to bed.

When I woke up, I had the idea that this would is a fortuitous good setup for a challenge fortress. I considered making an amazon fortress by killing any male immigrants, but I like to look after all my dwarves, and mass murder conflicts a bit with my ethos. So I ask of you, Bay12 forumites, to provide suggestions for challenges that would derive from an all-female starting group.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for a challenge game?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:59 am »

Females get all ammenities, males are pitted and locked away in a dirthole, with only basic food and water.
If they survive, good, if some get killed good too, their only mean of existance is reproduction for your Fort.

Careful, tantrums and ghosts inbound but that outta do the tricka nd assures survival of the Amazon fortress.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:15:36 am »

All males are imprisoned and forced to have "snu-snu" with the females for procreation purposes only. Their leader is a giant computer.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:05:47 pm »

I had that once. I decided to do a 0 pt embark (no training axes), and by sheer chance, all the dwarves were female. I wonder what the first male immigrant thought when he arrived at this 'fortress' were there was a bunch of half-rabid women armed with bone crossbows and only a single barrel of booze between them.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:17:45 pm »

He probably thought, "Seems like a pretty normal fortress."
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.