Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fisherdwarf acting oddly  (Read 951 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Fisherdwarf acting oddly
« on: July 10, 2014, 08:32:27 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug or not- I didn't receive a confirmation email from the bug tracker, so I can't log in and register it as a problem. My fisherdwarf is sitting at the top of my staircase, with no adjacent water, "fishing".

He's the green plus sign at the top of the staircase furthest to the left. Anyone else found anything like this happening?

(He's also sleepy, but won't go to sleep, and won't break from his fishing work to build the fishery I ordered to be built.)

Edit: Seems to be happening to my herbalist, too, who's in the same area (within a walled enclosure with open doors they can use to exit). Removing plant gathering and fishing from their allowed jobs does nothing, but that's to be expected. Designating all the plants within the enclosure's bounds doesn't make the herbalist budge.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:42:30 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fisherdwarf acting oddly
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:35 pm »

I haven't seen any other examples of this, but it certainly does look like a bug of some sort.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:37:55 am »

I've had this happen with a herbalist and a woodcutter. The plant they are trying to harvest/cut down was flashing, and de-designating it un-stuck them. In both cases they were standing on a lower z-level in a space which had recently been mined out, but whether that has anything to do with it I don't know.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:06:35 am »

He's probably fishing for lungfish.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

You may want to designate a fishing zone, and change standing orders to permit fishing only in fishing zones. I'm not sure about the herbalist, though.