Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Mods?  (Read 2087 times)

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Mods?
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

Just wondering if there are any good adventure mode mods worth getting, I haven't seen any mods that focus on adventure mode yet, and I prefer adventure mode to normal DF. (please don't hate me, I still play a little normal. T_T)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Mods?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:39:34 pm »

There are Wanderer's Friend and Battlecraft, but if you use DFhack then those are made somewhat redundant due to the adventure mode fort/reclaim features. Deon's mods also all have a lot of things for Adventure Mode.

Also I'm glad to see someone else who prefers Adventure Mode. I thought I was the only one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:41:18 pm by Dunmeris »

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:52:57 pm »

When Toady stabilizes the new edition,adventure mode will gain a lot more friends,don't worry :)

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »

When Toady stabilizes the new edition,adventure mode will gain a lot more friends,don't worry :)

Hurray! I love adventure mode, and one thing about the new update that I need to post on the other forums is that if you start as a dwarf now, you start in a dwarf fortress that is freakin impossible to find your way out of... Seriously, I wandered forever, and with how unstable the version is it ran SUPER slow as well. It was also seemingly empty until I found a single child in a loom filled workroom. Obviously I didn't talk to it, it scared the hell outta me. Later I found out that the entire civilization of dwarves was having a giant party in a meeting room, climbing on the masterwork tables. Why the child wasn't invited is beyond me. Anyways, what I mean is its impossible to play as a dwarf now because even after that I couldn't find the exit.

christopher1006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:57:25 pm »

It's a bit difficult to find but I realized that the exit is usually in the "Throne room". That is, the room with the Lord or Lady will have some doors that usually blend in to the wall and you can walk outside through them.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:13:32 am »

Still,starting right next to the exit would be better.as it is now,npc fortresses look like Failcannon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 04:43:05 am »

I will definitely focus on adventure mode first when rebuilding Genesis for the new version. I am actually amazed there is no Wanderer's friend for the new versiin yet, what the hell guys? I would definitely update it already if I was not on a vacation w/o PC :(
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ThothTheScribe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 09:55:12 am »

I made some small changes to Wanderer's friend and it is quite playable. You just need to add [CATEGORY:GUT] and a few others to the correct raws and then you too can stride around town in your
☼human bone armor☼ that menaces with spikes of elf bone.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 10:15:20 am »

glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat.  I actually used your adventurer_reactions text from Genesis Reborn, Deon, as a base for some adventure mode crafting.  Put in a few leatherworking recipes(armor, shirt, vest, pants, boots, gloves, waterskins, and pouches) and bone arrows and bolts.  Seems to be working for the most part but I need to figure out how to actually craft left/right pieces for gloves and boots, and make pouches wearable.  It's made starting an elf character a bit easier though, being able to craft my own waterskins.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

I need to figure out how to actually craft left/right pieces for gloves and boots
Sadly impossible from what I understand.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 10:48:03 am »

I need to figure out how to actually craft left/right pieces for gloves and boots
Sadly impossible from what I understand.

durned :(