Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flawed interaction of seasons with underground farm plot options  (Read 844 times)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As of 0.40.01, when choosing what plants I want to grow on an underground farm plot, I get the options of the current season, listed in all seasons.

For example, in summer all crops are listed, and while assigning crops for a different season you get the summer crops list. In Autumn, sweet pods disappear from the list but again, all seasons' crop lists look the same (sweet pods stop growing by then).

Had anyone else experienced this?
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Flawed interaction of seasons with underground farm plot options
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:36 am »

It has been reported in various forms:

Bug #6706
Bug #6766
Bug #6562

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:21 am »

Thanks for very quick reply.
Bug #6562 is the one I'm looking for. Nothing beyond trivial though. Just a small annoyance.
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

Note that when dwarves plant crops out-of-season, they immediately fail and the seed is lost.
So, no, you cannot plant pig tails all year long, unfortunately.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:33:30 pm »

I've had a dwarf plant a sweet pod seed during autumn, outside of the appropriate season! Rest in peace seed.