Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two Weeks, a little short, too long or just right?  (Read 551 times)

Infyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two Weeks, a little short, too long or just right?
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:37:00 pm »

The two weeks per new start, how do you guys find it?
For me it is a bit on the short side, maybe something like a year would work better, especially at the start when civs build all available sites in the first 30-60 years.
I guess once the expansion dies down and intrigue starts being the main thing, two weeks is okayish.
With the current speed of the calender simulation I can understand why it is not one year but only two weeks though :) Just seems to me nothing much happens in two weeks.
The one time I started in the year 2, it took more then half a year for even one new settlement to be build, that is 12 sessions...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Two Weeks, a little short, too long or just right?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:00:40 pm »

I'd rather two weeks (once Toady has optimized the speed.) I'd rather the world be in a somewhat recognizable state after starting a new character, then coming back a year later to find everything has completely changed. With the rate people invade and attack each other, a year is more than enough time for the landscape to change dramatically from the last save.

Ideally, this would be a user-defined option either way.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti