Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I am an adventurer  (Read 795 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
I am an adventurer
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:27:44 am »

I am the manifestation of the will of a beign from beyond this world.
I am a peasant or a demigod.
I am a fearsome sight that can terrorize entire armies and make people crawl up walls.
I am a maddening presence that can cause civil wars to erupt between former friends.
I am a shadow, a whisper in the wind that can cut peope and beasts to shreds before they can react.
I cannot block or greet gods, but I can claim any site for myself.
I am terrifying.
I am inevitable.
I am for the best.

I am an adventurer.

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
Re: I am an adventurer
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:53 am »

I used to be an adventurer, like you.
Thwarting a goblin insurrection, then slaughtering through their camp with no effort. Resistance was futile, they all were either sleeping or too terrified to do just about anything. Overconfident from seemingly being the eldritch incarnation of terror itself, I finally walked up to their leader, who was also reportedly leading the previous insurrection in a human hamlet. He stood there, both him and his retinue doing absolutely nothing to stop my advance.
- Greetings. - I said, approaching him menacingly.

He then regarded me with a death glare, and shot a crossbow bolt through my head.

As I was saying, I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a bolt through my head.

And that's terrifying.
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:05:46 am »

I used to be an adventurer, like you.
Thwarting a goblin insurrection, then slaughtering through their camp with no effort. Resistance was futile, they all were either sleeping or too terrified to do just about anything. Overconfident from seemingly being the eldritch incarnation of terror itself, I finally walked up to their leader, who was also reportedly leading the previous insurrection in a human hamlet. He stood there, both him and his retinue doing absolutely nothing to stop my advance.
- Greetings. - I said, approaching him menacingly.

He then regarded me with a death glare, and shot a crossbow bolt through my head.

As I was saying, I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a bolt through my head.

And that's terrifying.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a bolt to the left hand

You give in to pain
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:40:13 am »

I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee. Now I work as a city guard.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:25:09 pm »

I used to be a lord like you.
Then I took an adventurer to the skull.

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 12:25:42 pm »

I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee. Now I work as a city guard.
It was inevitable. ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:27:47 pm by XArgon »
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake