Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No important leaders  (Read 371 times)

Wumpi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No important leaders
« on: July 13, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »

So my fortress' civilization (the only dwarven one) has no leaders, diplomats, kings, or barons. I assumed my civilization must be nearly extinct, but it seems I still get migrant waves and caravans from home. With the new living world in 40.03, will my civilization ever create new royalty or atleast liaisons? Any non-liaison method of promoting barons/kings in one of my own forts?  Makes me wish it were possible to have an adventurer take over as king/queen of an existing civilization.

Wumpi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No important leaders
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:08:37 pm »

Scratch that, one of my dwarves just declared himself king and demanded lavish accomodations in my terrible little outpost. I have to say, I enjoy the idea of rebuilding a collapsed civilization from the ground up.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No important leaders
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:14:38 pm »

Last version introduced forced immigrants. They can be created from thin air by the game. But now that Toady fixed the size error that made most fortress-born creatures stay baby-sized, I'm hoping he resets that. If he does well enough with optimizing, we might be able to keep a Fortress alive long enough to rebuild an almost-dead civilization.