Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding important things to kill is a bit more time consuming  (Read 1287 times)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

So here's my predicament: I've played a number of adventurers within the new version and in only one have I encountered anyhting vaguely resembling a fight that an adventurer should have. I've had guides take me to lairs that are empty, waited in/outside the lairs for two hours at a time for days on end without any result, I've travelled across mountains and braves game crashes to find dragons and titans because they're the only ones that people will tell me about and I've gone to towns apparently over-run by criminals and found... a regular town?

Does anyone have any advice on finding conflict? As much as I'm enjoying the changes in the new version trying out the combat changes just isn't that much fun against crows and camels.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding important things to kill is a bit more time consuming
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:20:48 am »

So here's my predicament: I've played a number of adventurers within the new version and in only one have I encountered anyhting vaguely resembling a fight that an adventurer should have. I've had guides take me to lairs that are empty, waited in/outside the lairs for two hours at a time for days on end without any result, I've travelled across mountains and braves game crashes to find dragons and titans because they're the only ones that people will tell me about and I've gone to towns apparently over-run by criminals and found... a regular town?

Does anyone have any advice on finding conflict? As much as I'm enjoying the changes in the new version trying out the combat changes just isn't that much fun against crows and camels.

Yeah, it's kinda hard finding actual fights now, hopefully a substitute for the quest log gets added in where you can look up places and people that others have actually asked you to deal with.

It seems as if anybody who lives in a spawn location should pray for mercy, with how i've been playing the update.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:26:36 am »

In the travel screen the moving grey asterisks represent bandit groups or night creatures. If you are able to kill them you're all good.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:17 am »

There is a bug causing enemies to get very passive. I find plenty of things to kill. Night creatures parties roam the wilderness. Bandits are in the villages and in the camps. And is very hard to storm a camp now, even with the enemies passive as they are.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:50 am »

In the travel screen the moving grey asterisks represent bandit groups or night creatures. If you are able to kill them you're all good.

These things run from the player like you're a dragon or something. If you're not at Spd 1.00+, or have a bow, good luck catching them.

When Toady patches enemies to not be terrified of players anymore, things will probably get back to normal.

As for the villages full of criminals...I'm pretty sure that's why every time I go to a castle in a town claiming to have this problem, I arrive to a scene of slaughter and mayhem. It's just nobody wants to engage in slaughter and mayhem with an adventurer. :(
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 09:58:58 am »

I had a similar problem with only being sent to kill titans and dragons when playing elves or dwarves.  They seem a bit unfinished when it comes to tasks, either that or there's a bug which is stopping the other options from popping up.  As a human though I've gotten info for titans, dragons, vermin(kobolds), bandits, and criminals.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:01:04 am »

I managed to find a shrine with a titan. As I arrived there was an awful lot of dust billowing out of the ground nowhere near the titan (and it was definitely not from the titan: he had a poisonous bite), when I found him in the shrine it was just standing there. My companions chickened out and fled for the hills but I wasn't so afraid. I stood next to it, talked at it, hacked at it for ages and it did nothing. Nothing, that is, until I decided to move-auto attack at it for a while whereupon it all of a sudden broke it's petrified silence and threw me at a tree and continued on to beat the snot out of me.