Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendship is Genocide  (Read 1056 times)

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Friendship is Genocide
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:53:29 am »

So I've been hacking my way through a dark fortress murdering warriors and civillians indiscriminately, and have been noticing more and more goblins marked as allies popping up. Anyone familiar with this behaviour? I'm assuming they are part of goblin subfactions and there's some kind of enemy of my enemy situation going on.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendship is Genocide
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:53:10 am »

Goblins just adore murder, I suppose. When you show you are a true badass, they can't help themselves but start liking you.

Remember the sixth epizode of the first series of Black Adder with Rowan Atkinson, when all his accomplices turned against him when he revealed that his foe is a ruthless murderer.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:52:36 am »

I think it has to do with Civ ethics.

If goblins are cool with murder, which I think they are compared to humans, then hence them being okay.

This also explains why humans get angry when you kill someone, even when they request it.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:40:47 am »

That's incredibly cool. Explains how those demons took over so easily.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 10:44:24 am »

That's really cool, they begin to respect the badass that's killing everyone.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.