Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Guide/Guide Updates  (Read 807 times)

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Guide/Guide Updates
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »

I was wondering just how outdated the current Dwarf Fortress mode guide is. Specifically this. http://mwmanual.mapforge.net/latest/Dwarf%20Manual.html

Is there any idea on when an updated version might become available?

This would be especially helpful when it comes to new, complex industries that involve things like oil, special tools, ammo manufacturing and researching. The utility of the Armok's Ward, what can be done using the religion system, and how to work with magic is especially unclear for me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:15:58 pm by JAK »

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: New Guide/Guide Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:45:14 pm »

Just follow this post

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139518.0

Meph is currently in a forum funded modding spree where he is tweaking most races and adding a whole new race.  Manual improvements and updates are in the list of things to do.  It's likely that a true updated manual won't be available for a while because of the new way that we will be upgrading workshops and all the new additions.

There is a post specifically for each race so if you have questions regarding individual mechanics like religion or magic ask there and people will be happy to help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: New Guide/Guide Updates
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:09:24 am »

I am actually currently taking a break, to give people time to playtest the humans, although I assume that DF40.x is now getting all the attention instead, and deservedly so.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::