Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible bug - Glacier embark  (Read 757 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible bug - Glacier embark
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

So I did a glacier embark and when I get down four levels and try to carve a stairwell in the ice... it ends up vanishing and becoming empty space.  Didn't do that in .34...

Has this been reported?  Anyone know?  I have a copy of my save if not.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug - Glacier embark
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:31 pm »

I got that staircase problem a lot in the last version, but then I usually embarked on frozen oceans which are slightly different in that all the ice is "light". Usually happened right as the ice met the rock/soil on what would have been the ocean floor.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:03:42 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:07 pm »

Cool deal.  I got around the problem with ramps, which dont seem to be affected.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »

That happened back in DF2012, or at least the last version.
Thankfully, my forts always seemed to have at least two proper ice layers, so there was enough ice to make an ice up/down stairway no sweat.