Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.40.1: Manager ain't doing a thing  (Read 1362 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
0.40.1: Manager ain't doing a thing
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:56:04 am »

Hello all
I have a manager who has a room and no jobs enabled. I have designated some job orders using j-m-q.
Manager isn't doing a thing, he just stands and has No Job, while I need him to commit the orders for requested jobs.
Is there a bug or am I missing something?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.40.1: Manager ain't doing a thing
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:23:59 am »

Hello all
I have a manager who has a room and no jobs enabled. I have designated some job orders using j-m-q.
Manager isn't doing a thing, he just stands and has No Job, while I need him to commit the orders for requested jobs.
Is there a bug or am I missing something?

"Manager isn't doing a thing" -> Well, I don't see anything wrong, based on my experience of reality.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:03:29 am »

Well, that is a point.
More realistic game eh?
But that is kinda sad.

P.s.
On my reality experience, managers call a load of meetings and throw parties from time to time, this one wasn't even doing this.

P.s.s.
Problem solved itself somehow, my orders became approved w/o him even touching his chair. But he's still just hanging around in meeting hall.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:17:32 am »

Apparently job orders don't need approval if your population is under 20.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 10:38:24 am »

I know that in 34.11 I occasionally had problems with dwarves spontaneously going brain dead, either just standing there, or only moving to drink and eat, and then standing where they had their meal/drink until they're hungry again.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.