Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven research  (Read 669 times)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven research
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:39:15 am »

Hello,

since this Mod has a pretty massive, but not really linear research tree I would like to ask, what you research first, usually.

For me, the Toxi-Lab is the first thing I can research and therefore I do that. Did you know that Cave Beetles apparently produce poison? I coated a weapon with "cave beetle smear stink"(edited). Couldn't see any symptoms, though. Perhaps that's because my legendary milita commander decaptitates everything he attack within 3 sconds.  :D

What other research is going for in an established, but still young, fort?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:50:50 am by Snaaty »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven research
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:03:57 am »

Depends on the situation really.  Sometimes it will be greatforges, sometimes the tox/apoth/herb set, lately magical altars.  Depends on what I can research and what I need.  It used to always be alchemy/crucible/metallurgist, but now there are no magmalings and crucibles are unlocked to start...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarven research
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:52:25 am »

Board Rules

• Don't make a new thread for a single question you have. Each race has its own thread.*
  • Please do Story Forts in the Community Forts & Story Board.
  • If you post large images, please put them in a spoiler.
*of course you can still open new threads, but please post questions in the fitting threads.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::