Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Guilds?  (Read 754 times)

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Guilds?
« on: July 08, 2014, 01:32:44 pm »

Long-time fan back after an unprompted hiatus, got a question for you guys.

If I have a Dwarf that's part of a guild, which skills should I allocate for him/her at the Embark screen?  Yes, I know this is self-explanitory for most of the guilds, but the Arcane Guild and guilds like the Earthkin only say what the guilds' are about, not what skills to use.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Guilds?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 01:59:50 pm »

WHO CARES! DF2014 IS HERE!! Sorry, hype. For mages, probably combat skills.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:29 pm »

One caveat:  Nuns/Priests.  Any skills that they have other than praying (which you can't assign at embark) decay to nothing in a few moments.  So it is probably best to assign them nothing.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:16:51 am »

I always give my lvl1 mages I get on embark a position like bookkeeper or trader. Later on, (though I've never actually been there) I imagine training them with ranged weapons (except earthmages, I think they're ranged), and make them the captain of my ranged squad.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 11:54:47 am »

Board Rules

• Don't make a new thread for a single question you have. Each race has its own thread.*
  • Please do Story Forts in the Community Forts & Story Board.
  • If you post large images, please put them in a spoiler.
*of course you can still open new threads, but please post questions in the fitting threads.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::