Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using/making plants and plant products via reactions?  (Read 1656 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Using/making plants and plant products via reactions?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »

Oh, neat. That'd enable soymilk to be used as well, since plant cheeses are apparently intended to be a thing.
くコ:彡

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 09:02:23 am »

It's a shame the brewing recipes can't be modified to provide a source of yeast.
Sure they can
1) Remove the [DRINK:  tags from every plant
2) Add a REACTION_CLASS of your own to all the same plants
3) Make a custom reaction at the still that takes that reaction class as a reagent and makes a drink item, getting material from reagent.
4) Add in your yeast as another product.
I stand corrected. I tend to avoid making the hardcoded workshops defunct when modding. I was also under the impression there were bugs with reactions filling barrels, but I last looked at this a long time ago.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 09:13:28 am »

Well, there are in the sense that they don't behave like the default reaction. The hardcoded one ignores storage constraints and will stuff 50 units of whip wine into a tiny 2 liter keg, whereas custom reactions just uselessly spill it all on the floor if the capacity is exceeded.

I had to tweak and twiddle my meadmaking reactions a lot before I could guarantee that the stuff always made it into the barrel. Half of it was to force large pots to store the end product instead.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:15:41 am by scamtank »

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 11:33:29 am »

force large pots to store the end product instead.
That's a good idea. You might also be able to change the volume of drinks if you're doing a reaction yourself? Never tried it, but does it take the form of a volume (like bars that have "quantity" 150 but can be made in small sizes)? Or is it just "1 drink" hardcoded size?
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 [2]