Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I a vampire?  (Read 4453 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Am I a vampire?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:54 pm »

Are you sure it was the vampire's blood you drank? If you had companions (or had murdered some people recently), you might have gotten other blood on yourself.
How do you even murder people anyway in adventurer? I have a particularly annoying useless fortress I found with only ONE human in it and its their noble... And hes an ass...

1. Get wepon.
2. Find huemn.
3. ????
4. Profit ded huemn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 06:50:25 am »

Bump. Come on, it seems like half the people on the forum have a vampire adventurer. This surely isn't some kind of secret.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 03:20:18 pm »

You might've found a vampire that got its curse from legends mode gods. Some of those might not pass their curse if you drink their blood.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 03:04:20 am »

Same thing happened to me. I accused castle lady, she confessed, so I killed her (her husband in the next room didn't mind at all).
Her name was "Human vampire blablah", but she had really pathetic list of kills.
So, I drunk her blood and waited for transformation... 4 days passed, still nothing. Seems like she perjured herself, poor thing.

I checked the legends: she became obsessed with her own mortality and found a way to get herself cursed by deity.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:27:58 pm by falcn »

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 02:27:04 pm »

I may be able to help here.

First, just to clear up a misconception, deity-cursed vampires DO pass vampirism through their blood. This is the only way for vampirism to arise in an unmodded game. In fact, I've never seen a vampire created in world gen that wasn't cursed by a deity. That's not to say that it never happens, but if it does, the vampirism will always be traced back to a deity's curse.

I had a similar problem getting an adventurer to contract vampirism once. A trick I found on the adv. mode discussion forum helped.
1) Take a container of water to your vampire's corpse. Hopefully you have a "pool of [vampire's name]'s vampire blood". Normally, drinking this will work. A smear or spatter can't be drunk. If it doesn't,
2) Drop the water from the container onto the pool.
3) Drink the "water laced with [vampire's name]'s vampire blood".
4) Enjoy undeath.

That worked for me.

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »

Just to second m-logik's post, I think the issue is that the contaminant system is a little weird. I've been able to make more than a few vampire adventurers, but only when drinking any liquid (including, say, another vampire's blood) "laced with [vampire]'s blood." My guess is that it has something to do with the game making a distinction between splatters/smears and contaminants, and only contaminants can pass along syndromes.
Pages: 1 [2]