Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I made all alternative creature types fight each other . . .  (Read 4475 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: So I made all alternative creature types fight each other . . .
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 03:53:02 pm »

That was a free-for-all though, right?

Because you just gave me an idea...

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

I just tested sperm whale man vs. elephant seal man 1v1 7 times. In 6 battles, the sperm whale man short work of the elephant seal man, and only lost in the seventh because the water was too shallow and it drowned. If it didn't last long enough to air-drown in your tests, something else must have killed the sperm whale man, probably the venom from one of the venomous snake men.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 04:02:57 pm »

It seems that I waited too short of a time to determine if the whale air drowns. I came back just a moment ago and found its corpse where as the reports says it did indeed drown.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 04:16:49 pm »

I set up an ultimate showdown of ultimate anthropomorphic destiny myself. Elephants seal man won for me too. It was a little bruised and missing its teeth, but otherwise fine. It reached master fighter, great wrestler, and dabbling armor user(somehow). But how? Is there something more to this than their size? I know larger creatures have a layer of fat thick enough to stop a steel axe, but the sheer number of opponents the seal man had to face, including the ones with venom, it perplexes me.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »

Yes, that to fascinates me. All of the winners of my test has the curious side affect of gaining armor using skills. I came to the same conclusion that perhaps their natural fat or hides is being counted as armor.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »

I'd say the elephant seal man's fat counts as armor, if not for skill rolls for actual protective value. I tried killing one unarmed with a proffesional-level human. punches and kicks are useless against these things. Scratches had little success too. Biting didn't get far because it kept shaking me off. I gonna say it's a combination of large size and protective fat that keeps them going through these melees. If someone had brought a weapon to the fight, it might have gone differently, but that's not the case.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 07:13:40 pm »

Has spacing of opponents in relation to each other affected when they die? I mean the Elephant Seal Man I don't believe will change in terms of whether it'll win or not, but other weaker ones might become immediately eliminated because of advantageous traits of adjacent foes.

On that note, would giving a weaker -man who lacks venom, and certain traits a weapon, of shoddy or such quality really give him much of a better chance?

I say more gladitorial testings should be done.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 08:33:26 pm »

Perhaps when the elephant man and giant elephant are finally added, the results of the first two tests will change accordingly.
Giant elephants?
We are going to need more magma.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 06:38:00 am »

Perhaps when the elephant man and giant elephant are finally added, the results of the first two tests will change accordingly.
Giant elephants?

Nah, they'll just starve to death.
(or was that pandas that were famous for doing that...)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 06:39:47 am »

Giant elephants?

Now I want to make War Giant Elephant training camp...
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 10:35:02 am »

Giant elephants?

Now I want to make War Giant Elephant training camp...
And now we know who sent all these elephants on Boatmurdered...
._.

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 08:32:47 am »

Has spacing of opponents in relation to each other affected when they die? I mean the Elephant Seal Man I don't believe will change in terms of whether it'll win or not, but other weaker ones might become immediately eliminated because of advantageous traits of adjacent foes.

On that note, would giving a weaker -man who lacks venom, and certain traits a weapon, of shoddy or such quality really give him much of a better chance?

I say more gladitorial testings should be done.

I had all the creatures in the same exact square for each test
Pages: 1 [2]