Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecraft: Erisia: A Tale of Pigs  (Read 1703 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Minecraft: Erisia: A Tale of Pigs
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:31 am »

Hi, folks.

I thought I'd give you the option of joining me for a nice game of Minecraft, on a server I like to call Erisia.

This is a rather heavily modded server, based on the TPPI mod-pack. In other words, it's semi-experimental; you should expect to see the setup modified fairly frequently, but hopefully no resets for a while. Either way, there's enough to do there for a few weeks of focused play.

Rules are fairly simple:

- Try to keep your constructions good-looking. I consider a wide range of things 'acceptable', but putting a large base in a giant hole in the ground isn't. I'll tell you in advance if things are getting iffy.

- Be nice to each other. PvP is not disabled, but nonconsensual PvP or theft are both punishable by summary bans. If you aren't in a cooperative mood, then this server isn't for you. If you just want something to fight... we've got options.

- No quarries in the overworld. We've got Mystcraft for that, but the TPPI ore-generation distribution is also constructed such that you don't really need it.  (This, by the way, refers specifically to the giant-hole-in-the-ground Buildcraft quarries; any quarry that leaves stone and dirt in place is fair game.)

- I may on occasion need to restrict the use of some item for performance reasons.

- Otherwise, do as you like. If you're having fun, and not disturbing your neighbours, then that's good enough.

If this sounds interesting, then reply to this thread with your Minecraft username and I'll get you set up. Ideally, also write a few lines about your approach to Minecraft; what you're planning to do, if anything. That isn't necessary, but it helps.

The server is linked to an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net, #erisia. You can also drop by there to have a chat.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Erisia: A Tale of Pigs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:12 am »

Ping*

silverbond

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:05:56 pm »

This server seems really fun i would love to join the server if you will have me of course my goal on the server is to learn new things about the mods included in the pack but thats only a secondary goal my Main goal is to Stalk MarchLich and if he will teach me Learn some mod stuff from him and also just have a good time playing minecraft my ign is : silverbond_5

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:53:45 pm »

A couple of questions:

What is the size of your server?

What is its age?

What version is being run?

EDIT: As for the actual application, my screen name is my forum name but lowercase, and the project idea I am considering is a steampunk-inspired floating city I call Tempest Station which will make heavy use of rails and carts for automation (although I'm not sure how to stop the momentum bug on unloading a chunk).

Oh, and another question. Is Gregtech enabled? That mod is highly invasive and thereby irritating.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:20:12 pm by Remuthra »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:12:57 pm »

I'm always up for minecraft :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 01:28:15 pm »

A couple of questions:

What is the size of your server?

What is its age?

What version is being run?

EDIT: As for the actual application, my screen name is my forum name but lowercase, and the project idea I am considering is a steampunk-inspired floating city I call Tempest Station which will make heavy use of rails and carts for automation (although I'm not sure how to stop the momentum bug on unloading a chunk).

Oh, and another question. Is Gregtech enabled? That mod is highly invasive and thereby irritating.
In no particular order:

- Currently there are five active players. In terms of hardware, the server should be able to take a few more; I'll stop recruiting and take stock once I hit eight, as that looks like the point where I need to start thinking about hardware/performance.

- About a month, in its current incarnation.

- Newest TPPI modpack, lightly modified. I have my own launcher, or rather MCUpdater configuration.

- Gregtech is part of TPPI, but configured down to oblivion. You don't have to care about it at all unless you touch IC2 equipment, which is pretty much completely unnecessary.

And that sounds like a cool project. Happily whitelisting, but you should probably join us on the IRC channel; so far not a single player has been able to log on without help. Admittedly that might be because they all have strange setups in some way or another, so you might get lucky. I'll give you the link there, though.

Anyone else, feel free to also join IRC; you're far more likely to get a prompt response on there, as I don't spend a lot of time on this forum anymore.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:36:36 pm by Baughn »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:54:27 pm »

Having trouble connecting to the IRC :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 06:38:04 am »

Having trouble connecting to the IRC :(
Hmm. Well, IRC is unfortunately mandatory, but Rizon is generally reliable.

Try a different client? Personally I always use irssi, which probably isn't a good idea, but maybe XChat?