Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my first titan. HELP.  (Read 1060 times)

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
my first titan. HELP.
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:35:30 am »

I got my first titan, a hill titan. this seems very fun, but i want to get to the HFS. help me out here. it's full description is this:

"A towering eyeless Scorpion. It has two short horns and it has an austere look about it. It's pale brown exoskeleton is waxy. Beware it's poisonous sting!"

first, i wiki'ed it a bit, and apparently it's an aboveground forgotten beast. first, how do i find out its body composition? because from what i think, it may be fleshy, but i'm not sure. also, my military is a squad of 10 melee fighters who are newbs.

i think this fortress is doomed.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: my first titan. HELP.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 11:41:59 am »

You might have some trouble with it, yeah. But it's not the worst titan you could face off against.

Unless otherwise mentioned, it should be made of normal materials. You can use the view option by pressing 'v', then open the wounds tab. That should show the main parts of its body, though not the materials, which should give you an idea of what it looks like. Sometimes randomized creatures have parts that aren't mentioned in their description.

Scorpions, spiders, and most insects should have their brain in the main body since they don't have a head, so with some luck it will get hit and die quickly. Or if you can, just turtle your fort by closing off entrances and hope that when a caravan comes the guards can kill it.

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:45:40 am »

ok, thanks, by the way, my one squad of 10 soldiers is this:

3 axedwarves

1 macedwarf

2 speardwarves

1 swordwarf

3 hammerdwarves

only my militia commander has armor, which is an iron helmet, everyone is wielding iron weapons.
good luck, standards of connecting!

EDIT: holy SH!T, my recruit swordwarf 1shotted it!
RE EDIT: apparently, after looking at the combat report, he was first hit with a bolt which penetrated a major artery in the heart, but not an instakill, and my macedwarf dealt the killing blow instead.
i <8 my grandmaster ranger. i let him hunt to powerlevel marksdwarfship.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:54:03 am by bigjaredmonkey »
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 11:51:21 am »

holy SH!T, my recruit swordwarf 1shotted it!

He's a keeper.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 12:42:02 pm »

Scorpions, spiders, and most insects should have their brain in the main body since they don't have a head, so with some luck it will get hit and die quickly. Or if you can, just turtle your fort by closing off entrances and hope that when a caravan comes the guards can kill it.

Scorpions and spiders have cephalothoraxes, but all insects have heads separate from the body.