Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Did I witness goblin mutiny?  (Read 2163 times)

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Did I witness goblin mutiny?
« on: June 29, 2014, 04:27:27 am »

Today my fortress was attacked by two simultaneous goblin ambushes. Upon reading the announcement I prepared my trusty militia and waited for the enemy at the gates.
Leading the army was a goblin hammer lord. As soon as I unpaused the game, the goblin soldiers tore the hammer lord to pieces. And proceeded towards my fortress.

What was all that about?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Did I witness goblin mutiny?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:56:24 am »

He might have been from a different civilisation for some strange reason, as to why and why they
didnt notice until that moment however is a mild mystery.
You might be able to find out more by digging his name out of Legends Mode.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 04:59:18 am »

Yeah, please do. Anomalies of this sort are usually interesting.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:09:26 am »

I don't even... I must have been confused about the whole affair. After losing the fortress to the goblins I went to legends mode, but there is no goblin (or anyone for that matter) with the hammer lord's name. The only hammer lord ever in my fortress was a dwarf, but his name was different!

Anyway, I probably just mixed up the names and the bloody pulp that ended up next to the goblins was actually a dwarf. Case closed

... or is it?

DUN DUN DUNNN

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 10:41:09 am »

Goblins, supposed to have a different language, have their unique names, usually with "ng", "zb", "xusp", "baox", "strodno", etc. So it is easy to tell the hammerlord's race.

A dwarve's last name is translated into English in some occasions, but not in others, which may make his name look different.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:38 pm »

I once had a human law-giver leading the goblin army, and the goblins killed him like your goblin hammer lord. It happened in a community game, so I even screenshotted it:

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »

I once had a human law-giver leading the goblin army, and the goblins killed him like your goblin hammer lord. It happened in a community game, so I even screenshotted it:

This must be it. He had a dwarven name but was not a citizen of the fort.

dirkzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Flood the depot. Get free stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 03:28:19 am »

"The Goblin Pikemaster stabs The law-giver in the right testicle with her ({*silver pike*})  and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

Jesus christ
Forgotten beasts flying up the wells and eating them might cause some negative effects.

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:13 am »

Thank you dirkzen, that post was better than a whole pot of coffee.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.