Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tweak Fixmigrant refinement needed  (Read 1013 times)

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tweak Fixmigrant refinement needed
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:00:48 am »

When you have that former trader hanging out at the border clogging up your migrant wave and you use the DFHACK utility Tweak fix migrant on the trader and then they are citizens and are treated just like any other except they strip off all their clothes and run streaking into your fort.

As a work around till the utility is fixed do a (v) on the new migrant, (i) to look at the inventory (enter) to select an inventory item then (f) (f) to toggle the forbid bit, then (Esc) to get back to the inventory and (=) to the next item and repeat forbidding then un-forbidding the worn items till every item has been toggled (you could also use the (b) (d) (f) (enter) (c) (enter) with the cursor over the migrant to do it all at once) the would be streaker now keeps their clothes on and you do not have store item jobs generated out to the edge of the map.

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak Fixmigrant refinement needed
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 11:41:31 am »

In one fort I'm playing I get 2-4 traders with EVERY migrant wave. I use the fixmigrant tweak on every one of them, and I have never seen this behavior (in this fort or any other). The exception would be when I immediately assign them to a military squad with replace clothing enabled, however this applies to any migrant, not just glitched traders.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 05:44:37 pm »

When you have that former trader hanging out at the border clogging up your migrant wave and you use the DFHACK utility Tweak fix migrant on the trader and then they are citizens and are treated just like any other except they strip off all their clothes and run streaking into your fort.
What version of DFHack are you using? Last I checked (i.e. right now), the "tweak fixmigrant" command does fix clothing ownership on such migrants.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »

C:\Users\Warwizard\Desktop\dwarf fortress 3\dfhack-0.34.11-r2-Windows.zip
and the mass forbid and mass claim did not work, have to go in and toggle them in the inventory one by one, my latest trader is running in with nothing except the crossbow and quiver he brought, a well dressed dwarf indeed.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 11:30:44 pm »

C:\Users\Warwizard\Desktop\dwarf fortress 3\dfhack-0.34.11-r2-Windows.zip
and the mass forbid and mass claim did not work, have to go in and toggle them in the inventory one by one, my latest trader is running in with nothing except the crossbow and quiver he brought, a well dressed dwarf indeed.

The latest dfhack version is r4.  You're WAY behind schedule :D
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 11:34:26 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.