Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I stockpile living stone?  (Read 2233 times)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I stockpile living stone?
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:27:49 am »

Here is the raw entry:
Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:LIVING_ROCK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FUNGUS_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:living stone]YESMDF_GRAPHICS[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:1]
 ascii
 !NOASCII_GRAPHICS!TILE:176]
 !NOASCII_GRAPHICS!DISPLAY_COLOR:4:7:0]
 ironhand
 !NOIRONHAND_GRAPHICS!DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
 !NOIRONHAND_GRAPHICS!TILE:138]
 obsidian
 !NOOBSIDIAN_GRAPHICS!DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:1]
 !NOOBSIDIAN_GRAPHICS!TILE:176]
 phoebus
 !NOPHOEBUS_GRAPHICS!DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:1]
 !NOPHOEBUS_GRAPHICS!TILE:176]
 mayday
 !NOMAYDAY_GRAPHICS!DISPLAY_COLOR:4:7:0]
 !NOMAYDAY_GRAPHICS!TILE:182]
 mdf
 YESMDF_GRAPHICS[TILE:176] was 133
-ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:CLUSTER:100-
[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:CLUSTER:40]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:living stone]
       [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:living stone]
       [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:blood]
       [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:blood]
       [STATE_NAME:GAS:blood gas]
       [STATE_ADJ:GAS:blood gas]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:0]
[MELTING_POINT:10020]

I can't find this in any of the stockpile entries.  If I add [IS_STONE] will that work?
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I stockpile living stone?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:11:43 am »

I glanced through the stockpile list thinking you had to be wrong since I know I've seen living stone piled up in a stockpile before. But I couldn't find a specific option to either enable or disable it in-game.

If you add that tag to the raws, then it may render inoperable whatever reason you're wanting to stockpile it for in the first place. Some other reaction may not work.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:02:20 pm »

I've noticed in the current version that it will be added to stone stockpiles, regardless of the stone stockpiles settings. To be more specific, I had a stockpile set up to be only marble, and yet it got filled up with living stone
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 06:34:28 pm »

I've noticed in the current version that it will be added to stone stockpiles, regardless of the stone stockpiles settings. To be more specific, I had a stockpile set up to be only marble, and yet it got filled up with living stone

Confirmed. It's annoying too, I had to dump it all and never unforbid it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 07:38:10 pm »

That is weird.  How does the stone stockpile decide what it takes?  I would assume that it only takes things that have [IS_STONE].  iirc the FUNGUS_TEMPLATE is to prevent blocks being made of it and the various other "stoneworking" reactions from accepting it.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:14:57 pm »

Living stone advice: it melts into a pool of blood when brought aboveground. This applies to anything made of them, as long as the material is preserved- gemtip weapons made of cut living stone are OK, living beds made of cut living stone are not. And this melting also generates the "suffered the travesty of art defacement" thought, which can knock a jeweler down to very unhappy very quickly.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:19:42 am »

I am just trying to put a stockpile next to my slaughterhouse...  The darn things started to show up in my clay stockpile right under my magma plumbing level.  Melted instantly.  Not really worth the hassle for 2 meat.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:21:30 am »

I'll change it. People will be able to stockpile it, but also make living stone furniture and blocks if they are not careful.

Edit: Done. Same thing for cave fungus. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 08:52:05 am »

I am just trying to put a stockpile next to my slaughterhouse...  The darn things started to show up in my clay stockpile right under my magma plumbing level.  Melted instantly.  Not really worth the hassle for 2 meat.

The Extract Blood option is better, you need a lot of that for bloodsteel anyway.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 03:36:29 pm »

I'll change it. People will be able to stockpile it, but also make living stone furniture and blocks if they are not careful.

Edit: Done. Same thing for cave fungus. :)

I... think that's actually a brilliant idea for a certain playable race...
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 06:44:23 pm »

I'll change it. People will be able to stockpile it, but also make living stone furniture ...

Warlock Mung: "That's a very nice chair you have crafted, ghoul minion. What is it made of?"

Ghoul (slobbering): "Meat! I have your entire bedroom suite crafted out of meat now. Want a lick?"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »

I AM THE SHINIEST MEAT BICYCLE!

I had to say it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAZR2NzLcMk
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::