Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: AMBUSH  (Read 4081 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: Level One
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:50 pm »

"Well. I'm glad that worked out. Once more into the breech..."

Onwards!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »

›Peer curiously through the hole, then head through if I see no obvious danger.

”The wood is clearly quite rotten," old Pang mutters half-to-himself, "Unmaintained... abandoned... it is my guess that we won't have to deal with intelligent occupants just yet."
With that, he shuffles through the hole in the wood.
"I could be wrong, though, of course!" he adds, rather cheerfully.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »

Passing carefully through the hole in the doors, all five of you enter a passageway illuminated by several torches fixed to iron hooks in the wall. While it's dwarfed by the massive cavern at the entrance, it's still quite sizable, easily twenty feet tall and twice as wide. unfortunately, the passageway bends sharply to the left about a hundred feet away from you, making it impossible to judge the length from where you stand. Curiously, there are several wooden logs strewn haphazardly around the floor of the passageway, some of which look like they've been deliberately sharpened into points, and one which seems to have had several smaller pieces hacked out of its side, perhaps to make the torches that give this tunnel its glow.

Spoiler: Persus13 / Billy Snow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink / Pang the Wise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster / Derm (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

See if I can't channel some sort of mystical essence or summat at the logs.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2014, 09:09:19 pm »

Look for anything interesting. Maybe an interesting log or something. Failing that, carefully peek around the corner.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2014, 09:27:09 pm »

"Anyone else think we might be facing vampires?"

Wait for Derm to use his magic on the logs. If nothing happens, grab a log.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 01:33:09 am »

Carve several torches for myself.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2014, 01:50:14 pm »

"Interesting, interesting..."

>Pang continues down the hall, leaning on the crowbar as he goes. What can I see?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2014, 06:59:32 pm »

Derm points his wand at one of the logs and gesticulates wildly.

Derm: 1

A ray of golden light bursts from the end of the wand facing Derm and collides with his hand. Where it hits, a small golden rune in the shape of a sword driven through a skull is formed.

The logs remaining unmolested by Derm's sorcery, Billy picks up one about the same length and thickness of his leg and tucks it into his knapsack.

Kel also grabs a log, and starts to carve at it with one of her knives.

Kel: 2

Between the hard wood and the soft copper, Kel hardly even manages to put a scratch on the log, let alone carve it into torches.

Jase decides to look around the corridor a little bit, paying close attention to the logs. What's this? One of them seems to have a message carved into it:

"FUCKING HARDWOODS"

Beside it is a little etched face that looks remarkably like... wait a second, this is the log Kel was carving, isn't it? Somewhat disappointed, he heads down the corridor with Pang, and the two cautiously poke their heads around the corner.

Jase: 4
Pang: 3
Mikklemakkle: 6, 3

WHAP! SWISH! Jase pokes his head out first, and is immediately met with a wooden club to the face, which not only stings like the dickens but also puts him into a daze, causing him to stumble back down the hall, clutching his head in agony. Pang, who sticks his head out a split second later, manages to barely avoid a second swing of the club and get a look at its wielder. It's a small creature, about the size of a child, with bright green skin, long ears, and a mouth full of crooked teeth. Its mouth twists into a grin when it spots Pang's crowbar, and it swings its club again as if in warning.

"You drop shinyshines now! Droppitydrop the shineyshines, and Mikklemakkle no clubbyclub the the facetyface."

The creature swings its club again, brushing dangerously close to Pang's nose, widening its grin so much that it appears to be straining itself.

Spoiler: Persus13 / Billy Snow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink / Pang the Wise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster / Derm (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spelunkers of Shimmerstone: AMBUSH
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:26 pm »

Pang, having gotten over his initial alarm at the creature's attack, found the situation rather amusing.
It's grin quickly spread to the old man's face, and he bobbed his head amiably and stooped to set down his crowbar with a clank.
"Alright, alright little one, no need for such rough-housing! You live down here, do you?"

>Carefully put down my crowbar and raise my hands palms-outwards.
>Let's defuse the situation! Ask the goblin-y looking thing just what he's doing down here.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »

"... are you trying to negotiate with it? Freakin' newbies.

Shoot twice, aim for the head. Double tap, motherfuckers!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »

Stab the one who hit me. Stab him with the pike.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2014, 01:33:25 am »

Discussion never solved anything. Throw a knife at Mik-something.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2014, 09:54:33 am »

Get Pang out of the line of fire from the rest of the group.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]