Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are insane dwarf still counted as part of the fortress?  (Read 1337 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are insane dwarf still counted as part of the fortress?
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:04:00 pm »

In other words, IF my vampire gets insane, will he be a last-man-standing when the day of war comes & gobblins would kill everyone else? Or my fort would just finish?

Could not science it, cause don't have an insane vamp yet.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Are insane dwarf still counted as part of the fortress?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:15:00 pm »

If he's not beserking, then I'd say yes.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:09:52 pm »

>If he's not beserking, then I'd say yes.
Great thing to hear. Need to vampirize couple of non-legendary depressive dudes.. :3
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:26:22 pm »

Only gonna do that by makin em drink. Melancholy dwarves don't drink.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 12:12:54 am »

I think he means get some dwarves with depressing traits to become vampires that way they are more likely to become melancholy when they finally go insane while locked up in the walls as the bookkeeper/manager/mayor.

I seem to recall the mayor/leader can talk to the liaison through a fortification, so folks could still talk to him. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 01:48:25 am »

I seem to recall the mayor/leader can talk to the liaison through a fortification, so folks could still talk to him. ;)
Through the fortification bars/space:

Urist McUpset : Mr. Mayor! I am very upset about the lack of variety in my booze lately! One might even say unhappy, bordering on miserable! I need to speak to you about this immediately!

Vampire McMayor: Everything is meaningless. There is no point to anything in your life.

Urist McUpset: Wow! Thanks, Mayor! I feel right as rain. Glad we could have this talk!

Vampire McMayor: Kill me.

Urist McUpset: Have a nice summer!
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:45:39 pm »

I read the mayor's voice as Marvin the Paranoid Android ("Brain the size of a planet, but do they listen? *sigh* Of course not ..."). ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 07:00:51 am »

Through the fortification bars/space:

Urist McUpset : Mr. Mayor! I am very upset about the lack of variety in my booze lately! One might even say unhappy, bordering on miserable! I need to speak to you about this immediately!

Vampire McMayor: Everything is meaningless. There is no point to anything in your life.

Urist McUpset: Wow! Thanks, Mayor! I feel right as rain. Glad we could have this talk!

Vampire McMayor: Kill me.

Urist McUpset: Have a nice summer!

Can I sig that?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 11:56:45 am »

Yes :D