Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What side will you take first in East vs. West?

Capitalist Pig Dogs (NATO Nations)
- 33 (24.1%)
Communist Infiltrator Scum (Warsaw Pact Nations)
- 43 (31.4%)
Totally Irrelevant Losers (Non-Aligned Nations)
- 61 (44.5%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: East vs. West: Cancelled  (Read 25410 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: East vs. West: Cancelled
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2014, 04:40:25 am »

Urghhh. I was really looking forward to this.
I doubt very strongly that they'll get (legitimate) access to the source code, I imagine that paradox bases most of it's games on the same code base, so will guard it well.

That said, 'where there's a will there's a way' and all that, so it's conceivable that they might be able to hack it together somehow.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2014, 08:27:24 am »

Well, it's technically possible to decompile something, but that just gives you a massive cluster of uncommented code.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2014, 09:49:56 am »

I think PI has played it pretty smart so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start throwing some legal weight around if this is still a thing is still around in a few months.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2014, 10:59:44 am »

i really don't think 4channers give two shits about their legal weight

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2014, 11:09:30 am »

Indeed; throwing lawyers at 4chan is like throwing petrol on a fire.  I don't think Paradox will do too much about this now that it's happened; they might come down on said disgruntled beta tester for breaching NDA if they're dumb enough to do something like gloat about how it was them on the Paradox forums, but they didn't really do anything about the Magna Mundi leak, either.  It's not going to be possible to put this cat back in the bag, and I think they're smart enough to recognize that and let it just quietly pass on by. 

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2014, 11:42:57 am »

I think it'll all depend on how big and accomplished it becomes. If it becomes pretty much complete/playable and gets a lot of attention then they'll start throwing around a lot of legal pressure, but I imagine they're keeping quiet as currently it's more hassle to attack it than it's worth.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]