Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Having some trouble installing DFhack, is it worth the effort for my fortress?  (Read 3706 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!

That depends on what version of Dwarf Therapist you're using - from what I recall, some of the older versions had support for both Legacy and SDL versions, but the latest versions might be SDL-only.

I downloaded it last week, so I'd assume it's the latest version.
Regards,
Dampe

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

That depends on what version of Dwarf Therapist you're using - from what I recall, some of the older versions had support for both Legacy and SDL versions, but the latest versions might be SDL-only.

Still the question stands: why don't you just get the pack with all these preconfigured. The main reason for the starter packs is that you don't have to go through looking for compatible versions of different utilities/scripts/etc., just unzip and play. Sigh...

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!

Still the question stands: why don't you just get the pack with all these preconfigured. The main reason for the starter packs is that you don't have to go through looking for compatible versions of different utilities/scripts/etc., just unzip and play. Sigh...

Because I've got a couple mods of my own that aren't in any pack.
Besides, where's the fun in that?
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 [2]