Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A public apology for my behaviour, to Blacken.  (Read 910 times)

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A public apology for my behaviour, to Blacken.
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:17:46 pm »

A few years ago (2010) I posted in "Need help with choosing a programming language" and insulted a poster by the name of Blacken, including at the end calling him a nasty name with absolutely no reasonable (if there even could be) justification. I apologize out of regret and shame for behaving like this, and harming the readers and posters. Blacken doesn't seem to be around any longer, and there's not much about that but if anybody here could forward this on to him, that'd be helpful. This apology extends to anyone I've harmed (directly or indirectly) with my behaviour, including the forum itself. I'm sorry.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: A public apology for my behaviour, to Blacken.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 02:16:40 am »

I have to admit. I laughed a little bit when I read the title to this one.

Backstory: I knew Blacken before I ever came to this board. Our history goes back a ways, though I've lost contact with him now. Though I have enough experience with him to know this: He doesn't really care whether you apologize to him or not. That's not something that matters to him at all. He will only care that you stopped disagreeing with him on the topic at hand.

Though I'm sure the other posters involved may appreciate it.

I do understand your drive to apologize, but in this specific case, you should just consider yourself generally forgiven and forgotten?
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /