Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vote for the projects you would like to see most. 4(!) votes per person.

Merging of all Raw Sets.
Cleanup and Naming schemes for Raws.
Playable Human Civ(s)
Warlock Additions
Manual Improvements
Online presentation
Overhaul of MDF races
Playable Insect Swarm Civ (Xelics)
Other (please post details/suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Fundraiser #2 & Mod Megaprojects - POLL!  (Read 10439 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Fundraiser #2 & Mod Megaprojects - POLL!
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:49 pm »

Triple post.

Another update focused on clean up. Decorations got a new system, cleaning the workshop menu considerably, for all races. And I sorted through creatures a bit, deleting a few unused ones. And resetting the biomes to more specialized positions. Some animals are now rarer and only appear in certain biomes... about 250 of them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 10:52:28 am »

Quadruple post.

Another release (5.06) for cleanup. Got rid of 3 unused files, and 16 entries in the workshop menu of dwarves, as well as bugfixed all around.

Will focus on finishing the raw merging next, only a few files left...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »

Quadruple post.

Another release (5.06) for cleanup. Got rid of 3 unused files, and 16 entries in the workshop menu of dwarves, as well as bugfixed all around.

Will focus on finishing the raw merging next, only a few files left...

Gotta say good work on it. I know cleaning this stuff up is tedious as hell, but so very necessary after all the additions from the 1.0 version onward.

I got to ask - are you going to clean up some stock pile lists? Example, the 'stone' lists are a bloody mess and often filled with 'stones' that are by products or not even related to the race making it messy as heck.

One suggestion if I may for stockpiles (since we're on it), for example for stone, would be to organize them in a cleaner lay out. Example:

All non-economic, buildable stones first.

All economic, Buildable stones next (Marble, Obsidian, etc)

All Economic, non-buildable Stones last (Kimberlite, gypsum, etc)

Makes it much easier to guess what rock is what, especially for new players trying to organize it which was a major complaint from two friends i got into masterwork.

Sorry to 'off topic' you here, but I ASSUME this relates to raws as well for stockpile lists. Still, the clean up is nice to see and give a thumbs up for managing to keep focus on such a tedious, frustratingly boring task! ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

Stockpile lists are generated automatically from the raws, so I can only make ONE, which would be the same for all races. The problem is is that different races have different economic and non-economic rocks. It depends on their access to rock using reactions. So I cant really sort them.

I can try to sort them alphabetically, but I would need to put all inorganics into one file for that. Stockpiles sorting is always tricky to do, because I dont have direct access to it.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »

Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2014, 11:21:25 pm »

Did some more work on the merging... all Inorganic files merged, resulting in another 45 (!) files I could delete. :)

Only plants left. Not sure if its even worth to do them... 470 plants with up to 8 different tags in each tileset, for 6 tileset raws... 22560 tags to sort. :/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:23:33 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2014, 02:28:23 pm »

More work on cleanup: 211 (!) unused inorganic entries are out, and most of the rest is better sorted now. Still, over 2000 entries left.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2014, 11:07:17 pm »

My current thoughts on the MDF Race Overhaul:

Civilized: Your ordinary good races
  • Dwarves - No Changes
  • Elves - No Changes
  • Humans - No Changes
  • Gnomes - Now send caravans/siege in Winter

Slavers: Babysnatchers
  • Goblins - No Changes
  • Orcs - No Changes
  • Succubi - Allied with Goblins, Orcs and Drow now.
  • Drow - Allied with Goblins, Orcs and Succubi now.

Savage: Itemthieves (They dont trade among each other)
  • Naga - Unarmed, Unarmored - Poison Bite - Magical Abilities - Amphibious
  • Werewolves - No Armor - No Weapons - Natural Fighting Skills - Can only be killed with Silver
  • Centauren - Wooden Bows and Arrows - Wooden Armor - Good - Fast - Ranged Only
  • Kobolds - No Changes

Evil: Babysnatchers & Itemthieves (They dont trade among each other)
  • Frost Giants - No Changes
  • Automatons - No Changes
  • Warlocks - No Changes
  • Banshees - Skulking like Kobolds - Insta-kill on Touch (70%) - Insta-kill on Map (10%) - Every 8000 ticks - No Armor

Cavern: Hostile to Everyone
  • Blind Cave Ogres - Rusty Iron Sledgehammers/Breastplates - Blind - Large
  • Antmen - No Armor - Swords and Shields - 4 Arms
  • Elementalmen - 18 types, 6 metal, 6 stone, 6 gem - Leave valuable corpses - Natural Armor - No Weapons - Slow
  • Spawn of Holistic - No Armor - No Weapons - Natural Fighting Skills - Very Aggresive

A little bit of extra info on the new ones. Each race adds something new.
 - Werewolves must be fought with a specific material, silver.
 - Nagas have poisonous bites and can swim up your wells/moats. And they use interactions.
 - Centaurs bring back wooden armors/weapons. Usually feather wood.
 - Banshees might kill a dwarf every 8000 ticks, you have to hunt and find them before that. They only arrive one at a time.
 - Cave Ogres are blind. Make use of that.
 - Antmen have no armor, but up to 4 weapons and shields.
 - Elementalmen give great rewards, like boulders, bars or gems of specific types.
 - Spawn of Holistic might start an epidemic. Dwarf biten turns to Spawn, bites more dwarves, and so on.
 - (Warlock sieges might be opposed to life, but I have a lot of testing to do till (if) they ever work.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:09:11 pm by Meph »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

So...if I decided to try my hand at a new race, how would it work if it was one of the ones you're modifying and/or making?

I thought it might be fun making a Naga race. Definitely wouldn't be done for awhile, because I'm awful at manipulating raws, but things I think I can do with scripts would be pretty fun.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2014, 06:46:07 am »

The naga might need some natural enemies, as usually when I enable frogmen as an invader race, they populate the watery regions completely unchecked.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2014, 06:48:27 am »

My only problem is with werewolves. They don't seem like a proper race some they're normally intermittently transformed members of other races.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2014, 09:06:28 am »

My only problem is with werewolves. They don't seem like a proper race some they're normally intermittently transformed members of other races.

Could always say that they're just completely feral with none of their humanity/dwarfanity/gnomanity left though that would leave a good question as to why they would both swiping trinkets when there is blood to be had in those dwarfy meat sacks.

Though I will say having a sieger show up that potentially has zero chance at being killed off without an alchemist (assuming your site has nil naturally occurring silver) might be problematic.  About the only option would be cage, atom smash or some other atrocity of physics (maybe even magma since it solves [almost] everything).

Potentially use Gnolls maybe as savage item thieves instead?  They're typically run as pack hunting scavengers/raiders in most of the campaigns I've seen them used within.  Though those are typically using crude weapons and armor in addition to biting faces off which might get a little bit away from the whole unstoppable vicious and feral abominations that appears to be the original goal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:09:46 am by Denisac »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:01 pm »

Could always say that they're just completely feral with none of their humanity/dwarfanity/gnomanity left though that would leave a good question as to why they would both swiping trinkets when there is blood to be had in those dwarfy meat sacks.

Though I will say having a sieger show up that potentially has zero chance at being killed off without an alchemist (assuming your site has nil naturally occurring silver) might be problematic.  About the only option would be cage, atom smash or some other atrocity of physics (maybe even magma since it solves [almost] everything).

Potentially use Gnolls maybe as savage item thieves instead?  They're typically run as pack hunting scavengers/raiders in most of the campaigns I've seen them used within.  Though those are typically using crude weapons and armor in addition to biting faces off which might get a little bit away from the whole unstoppable vicious and feral abominations that appears to be the original goal.

Even if you have silver, your military won't be using it.  Without more reliable switching out of weapons with the military, I would think this would be way too annoying.  Maybe make them hard to kill without silver and easy with it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2014, 07:41:38 pm »

All further discussion here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139518.0

I will post a daily devlog in that thread, working on the projects that have been voted on in this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]