Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What was your first "major" project?  (Read 1873 times)

Tonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first "major" project?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 08:22:48 am »

You are all so thoughtful.  My first megaproject was a big pair of green glass boobs.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 09:05:54 am »

The first project I'd call major was a 70+ z-level magma pump stack to dredge lava from a magma tube and pipe it 3 z-levels above the surface into a magma land mine system. I could still add expansions to the land mine system, the way I have it constructed. In fact, for a while there I was planning on circling the entire fort in those things, but I lost a favorite miner dwarf to the noxious bleeding gas that swamps the surface every few days, and that made me sad.

The second project that qualifies should be turning my entire fort into vampires. That was a different fort. ...a glorious fort, currently in the agonizing process of dying to a tantrum spiral because everyone is friends with everyone else and nobody sleeps to get good thoughts from their beds. *sigh*
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 03:43:45 pm »

a subterranean 15 z level tall piramid of casted obsidian and gold.

Digging up all that rock took years and a dozen peon lives.

In the top, near a raw adamantine artifact statue of the first king of the civ, there is a hatch that open to a hole. the hole goe acroos the piramid, to the caverns, to a magma pool.

Then i sacrified 50-80 goblins and humans to Armok.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 2 [3]