Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Not Equipping (not a 'replace/over' issue)  (Read 766 times)

semm11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Military Not Equipping (not a 'replace/over' issue)
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »

So I had a well equipped, full squad.  Decided to split it up by creating a new squad, removing some dwarves form the first, then adding them to the second.  I also added some new dwarves to the original squad.  Here is what happened:

1) Dwarves in original squad who remained there kept their armor/weapon on.  No Problem
2) New dwarves added to first squad equipped their newly assigned uniform/weapon.  No problem
3) Dwarves that were moved form original squad to new one assigned dropped all their armor, they kept their weapon.  If I tell them to wear gear 'over' their uniform, they put on normal cloth items.  If i tell them to 'replace' they go naked.  They still keep the proper weapon.  There is plenty of gear laying about in a nearby stockpile

Any ideas what is going on?  Thanks!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Military Not Equipping (not a 'replace/over' issue)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:49:14 am »

Equipment is assigned to squad positions and not to dwarves. It sounds like you forgot to assign a uniform to the positions in the new squad but perhaps assigned a weapon.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

semm11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:32 pm »

A good idea, but that isn't the problem i think.

Here's a screenshot of the military equipment screen for a particular dwarf.

Here is one of the contents of a nearby stockpile with LOTS of available gear:

Finally, here is one of the fortress, with  the dwarf standing around with no shirt for some reason.

Any help?

semm11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »

Ok, I was misreading that second screen!  Thought it was what was in the stockpile. But I think what it is is all my stocks that meet that stockpile's criteria.  All the one's marked I were being used, so there were no shirts available!

Thanks