Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Mod] MDF Adventure Mode content,looking for suggestions.  (Read 1471 times)

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Mod] MDF Adventure Mode content,looking for suggestions.
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:34:46 am »

Masterwork has become one of the greatest Mods for Dwarf Fortress,particularly Dwarf Mode.
After being turned into a scarecrow and ripped apart by zombies, I thought it would be a great idea to add to the game for Adventure mode.

I don't plan on altering anything in Dwarf Mode,but instead giving adventures abilities like upgradeable Secrets,and the ability to record secrets for latter adventures.

Planned changes

-New Secret using Spawn.lua,which players will be able to upgrade(wip)
-New Secret using a create item script (I think there is a couple), also upgradeable I think(wip)
-Ability to discover Secrets without finding books.
-Ability to record Secrets,so another adventure can learn them
There will be more,and I am looking for suggestions as well.

Suggestions:

List and sort all available playable adv. mode races.
Delete the ones that make no sense.
Add specific adv mode only civs, like deon did for Genesis Reborn. He adds 4 classes with graphics, Wizard, Barbarian, Thief, and I think Fighter. Classical RPG stuff.
Double check Adv-Fort Plugin and write a readme.
Write a readme for Masterwork Adv Mode in general.. what are the changes, what it new.
Double check Wanderers friend,fix missing reagents.(more or less done)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:19:16 pm by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [Mod] MDF Adventure Mode balancing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:09:16 am »

Suggestion:

List and sort all available playable adv. mode races.
Delete the ones that make no sense.
Add specific adv mode only civs, like deon did for Genesis Reborn. He adds 4 classes with graphics, Wizard, Barbarian, Thief, and I think Fighter. Classical RPG stuff.
Double check Adv-Fort Plugin and write a readme.
Write a readme for Masterwork Adv Mode in general.. what are the changes, what it new.
Double check Wanderers friend... I think I remember some  bugreports about missing reagents?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:39:51 am »

Thanks Meph.

Question for our DFHack wizards
would it be possible for the races to be color coded on the choose Civ/Race screen,if its possible an ability to hide different races,so it just says humans/gnomes/dwarves/orcs then click on the race you want to reveal that race?might make things easier.

might it be possible to create a script that hides sections in the ADV crafting menu as well?(wanders friend adds alot)
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:28 am »

I dont know, but this is the reason I suggested simply deleting stuff till you got rid of the feature bloat. I just chucked in adv-mode features when people requested them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:59:11 pm »

I dont know, but this is the reason I suggested simply deleting stuff till you got rid of the feature bloat. I just chucked in adv-mode features when people requested them.
wander is now down to the bare minimum
Changes:
 -Removed
Weapon crafting/repair (you can still make bolts
Weapon/armor melting for metal
add improvement reactions
removed armor crafting,except Leather armor/cap/cloak/cloth/shoes pants/shirts.you can also craft backpacks,quivers,bags, and water skins.
removed gather wood reaction
-Added
Leather/shell/chitten/scale tanning
currently adding weapon poisoning
able to make poisons from poisonous plants and a mortar and pestle.

Edit*
adding a reaction to get thread from fleece and wool
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:01:55 pm by Isngrim »

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 01:23:48 am »

doesn't each race already have these?all the dwarf mode ones have mages,healers,and castes that are better at fighting/defending?however,we could add a few castes to the races without those,like elves/goblin/drow.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 05:04:21 am »

Yes, but when I looked at the selection, it cycles through all the castes. Very unpleasant, if you pick the disease-infected, possessed or cult-leader caste. And you dont want to cycle through 15 guilds... if I add this much to fort mode its fine, because you have the workshops to control it, but in adv-mode it just adds bloat.

CREATURE:DWARF_ADV with a few adv-specific castes would make much more sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [Mod] MDF Adventure Mode content,looking for suggestions.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 10:55:43 am »

I'll just leave that here:

There are many occurrences of [ADVENTURE_TIER:1] (with a few 2 and maybe a 3) in the MDF entity raws.
The number should be different for each entity.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 11:20:44 am »

How about a new reaction for those who manage to find a drink demon blood?

Kind of like how becoming a vampire increases your power, but locks your ability to increase your stats, demon blood could potentially weaken you but give you the opportunity to grow far beyond your original limits. Perhaps increase your max_values by tenfold or more? Or kill you, of course.

I'd also suggest having it that you would be required to eat meat of sentient beings to maintain strength, or heck, even gaining more power, but butchering sentients in adventure mode requires you to be starving.

Not sure if this is possible with or without DFHack, but I thought'd I'd suggest it anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 11:24:49 am »

I think streamlining, bugfixing, balancing and writing a documentation for mdf adv mode has a way higher priority than adding new features. Of course, if someone happens to write this, I will add it.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »

Meph is right, but i will put your ideas on the list Alestance.

i currently don't have internet at home so i wont be on as often as i was,but i'm hoping to get everything done by July

two questions:
Should the adv mode only civs build cities,or should i make them Outsiders only? (im thinking outsiders)