Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Military, Undead Guards, Spawn Unit problems  (Read 910 times)

Shaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal Military, Undead Guards, Spawn Unit problems
« on: June 11, 2014, 08:01:27 pm »

Hey peoples. :) I haven't posted in a very long time, but i'm starting to get back into it here lately and I could only "play" it for about 5 minutes before I started wanting to mod it again. :( It's a sickness.

I'm a bit out of practice and theres also some fancy new things around that weren't available last time I was doing modding for the game like the whole spawnunit thing.

So first thing I was wanting was to setup another undead fortress. I made one a long time ago but it used an undead civ and all that, I didn't actually mess with any of the actual reanimated corpses in the game because at the time it seemed like a lost cause. Without Opposed_to_life they get murdered by corpses, but with Opposed_to_life you cant have a civ, so you're boned either way. However in my searches I saw a post by Meph that he was experimenting with such things and found that if your civ has NO_AGING, the undead are considered Friendly. He said in his post, your people will still be afraid of them, but NOFEAR would help with that. But I gave my dwarves NO_AGING and NOFEAR and while the raised undead (without opposed to life) do show up as Friendly on the unit screen, they attack and murder my dwarves anyway. Dwarves are also afraid of them and stop working, even with NOFEAR. I'm going to keep tinkering around with it to see if I can figure something out but any input on this would be helpful.

Another thing I was looking at was the whole Spawn Unit ability in DFHack. I am using the PeridexisErrant LNP r55 because I just like having easy access to a graphics set I like and therapist and all the other stuff I usually get and dont want to download seperately but the DFHack included did not have the spawn unit functionality. So I checked out the scripts in Masterwork and found the one for Spawn and Spawnunit and moved them to the proper folder but it still doesn't work. From everything i've searched and looked up, I should be doing it properly, but simply doesn't do anything.

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:SOLDIER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Build a Soldier]

[SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:DWARF][SYN_CLASS:2][SYN_CLASS:Soldier][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]

That class:2 in there is of course pointing to another caste i've made for them. In game it does nothing at all when a reaction creates this object. When I type the command "spawn DWARF 2 name" into the console im treated to errors saying can't read field body_component_info.layer_status not found, and a couple other little things.

I tried copying all the scripts folder content from masterworks over (which I really didnt want to do) but it still didn't work after. I'm wondering if theres some kind of dependency it is missing or something. I've tried to find any info I can on the thing or how it works, I even tried replacing the contents of the spawnunit file with code direclty from warmist's gist or whatever and still got no closer. DFHack documentation as well as it's "official database" has nothing on it or how it works, and I couldn't find any instructions aside from the syntax on how to use the command. Which is obviously working because you get different error messages when you type it in differently, but the command just won't work. Not sure what i'm doing wrong here but it's annoying.

Was also wondering if anyone has figured out yet how to draft animals into the military. :D If that is possible yet these days or if that is still beyond the scope of possibility. Even if I had to transform them to dwarves, draft them, then change them back, or something. It wouldn't bother me much, I would just like the option. Would like to setup patrols for my war dogs to guard on their own and that sort of thing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Animal Military, Undead Guards, Spawn Unit problems
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

I dont think military pets are a thing yet.

And this might help you out a bit: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135095.msg4877330#msg4877330
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »

I dont think military pets are a thing yet.

And this might help you out a bit: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135095.msg4877330#msg4877330

That is the thread I was talking about, but using NO_AGING and NOFEAR doesn't help. The undead display as friendly, but they still murder dwarves and interrupt their tasks anyway. :(

I was hoping to have a necro and a corpse stockpile at the entrance to the fortress just spamming bodies as fodder defense but the undead end up killing everyone. I removed OPPOSED_TO_LIFE from my necro guy's raise, it doesn't matter.

I also tried embarking on a necro tower. Those undead are labeled as Undead, where the necros in the tower are labeled Friendly, but those undead still swarm out and kill me regardless. Sad panda. :(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:13:10 pm by Shaso »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 08:12:27 pm »

Maybe check out the Warlocks from MasterworkDF. They have no problems with undeads. Its the NO_AGING that does the trick.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::