Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Longland grass and whip vine missing from farm plot menu  (Read 522 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Longland grass and whip vine missing from farm plot menu
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »

The menu shows only: hide root, rope reeds, fisher berries, rat weed, wild strawberries, and prickle berries.

The surrounding is untamed wilderness rocky wasteland or badland. The farm plot is built on white sand floor. There is ocean on the map, but the farm plot is not on that part. And longland grass seeds are available.

Underground farm plot works normally.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:12:23 am by §k »
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Longland grass and whip vine missing from farm plot menu
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:56:48 am »

I dont know the exact receipe, other than that not all plants can be grown in all biomes.
So that's bound to happen.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:10:49 am »

Both longland grass and whip vine require "not freezing" and "dry", exactly the same as wild strawberry. And blade weed is missing from the menu, too.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:13:14 am »

I suppose you got the seeds by trade? There's a weird feature/bug where you can only plant seeds when you have the plants, or I believe, some other non-seed products of the plant. So if you can acquire some whip vine booze, or whip vine flour, you should be able to then plant whip vines.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:15:44 am »

Interesting bug! Thank you very much for this information!