Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I know elves are bad, but this is just brutal!  (Read 1315 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I know elves are bad, but this is just brutal!
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:44:16 am »

So, I want to start a war with the elves. How does it happen? Well, you methodologically chop one of the merchants to pieces, whilst kicking out teeth and giving black eyes just for the fun of it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: I know elves are bad, but this is just brutal!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 06:23:01 am »

So far i know Elves get more ticked if you insist in trading them your wooden crafts.
Even more so than murdering them. Yes its brutal and fun and so on but so long the wood is fine they probably wont care about the hundreds of killed merchants.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:25:00 am »

So far i know Elves get more ticked if you insist in trading them your wooden crafts.
Even more so than murdering them. Yes its brutal and fun and so on but so long the wood is fine they probably wont care about the hundreds of killed merchants.

Ugh! So you mean I have to TALK to them first? I guess I can shove a bit of wood in their face..... Before seizing all their goods, then torturing all but one
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:28:23 am by Mimodo »
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:29:56 am »

Yes, they love their trees more than their own lives, 'butchering = crafting' stuff out of a tree is worse for them than butchering elves. Try to sell them wood each time they visit and do it as often until they leave unhappy each time. That does the trick.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 11:06:30 am »

If you offer them wood and then kill them, does the message still get through to their civ?
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:13:45 am »

Nope, traders must leave alive to be able to deliver any message, that includes Elves Dwarfs Humans and co.
Telepatic communication got largely removed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 11:18:43 am »

I hear the elven diplomat is back as well, so denying them their tree restriction and insulting them via the negotiations with the diplomat may also be a useful tactic. Brutalizing the diplomat sounds like fun too-- just bludgeon him up a bit for being a smart-mouthed prick, then send him home with the message that you will murder *ALL OF THE TREES*.

That used to be enough to get them to start sending seiges.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »

I hear the elven diplomat is back as well, so denying them their tree restriction and insulting them via the negotiations with the diplomat may also be a useful tactic. Brutalizing the diplomat sounds like fun too-- just bludgeon him up a bit for being a smart-mouthed prick, then send him home with the message that you will murder *ALL OF THE TREES*.

That used to be enough to get them to start sending seiges.

He's not back, he's broken still.
Well technically he isn't "broken", but the code that he checks his broken.

You could enable him before, so toady fixed that so he's enabled, but in the meantime code surrounding barons and dukes was changed, so now a baron or duke is not a baron or duke of your civilization but of your parent civ, so when the elf checks if you have a baron or duke, it still shows up as not having one and he never comes.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 06:43:04 pm »

Elves are against Armok laws, that merchant deserved it! Tree-humping hippies who dare to disobey Armok laws! That's why they live on trees, while Dwarves live on comfortable rooms, smoothed and engraved! Dwarves are the master race! HAIL ARMOK!!