Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invader mounts attacking everything  (Read 898 times)

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invader mounts attacking everything
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »

In one fort I have going in an evil area, whenever one or several goblin ambush party on mounts arrive, the mounts are hostile to everyone, and start attacking both each other and the goblins. This would be kind of funny, but it also causes a massive spam of ambush interrupt messages that constantly pause the game, making everything grind to a halt unless I use dfhack to kill all the mounts.

Has anyone had this happen?

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invader mounts attacking everything
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 01:21:36 pm »

In this evil area... are there clouds that turn creatures to husks?
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 01:42:53 pm »

Nope. For an evil area it's really quite nice. No reanimation, no clouds. Some dangerous wildlife and the occasional light shower of dwarf blood is all I've noticed. The infighting starts as soon as the ambush parties enter the map.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 09:15:31 pm »

Can you see what type of mounts are attacking? We can take a look at raws see what's going on

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 03:14:06 am »

I assume that they take the copies I made of these creatures for the collosseum/arena, they have opposed to life. The game ignoes this in worldgen, and the mounts turn hostile as soon as they arrive on the map. This will be fixed once I update the colosseum to use the spawnunit script better, I already have the fix lying around here. Just a matter of porting it into the raws. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 07:24:01 am »

It's on my laptop, so I'll have to check to be sure, but I think they were cave crawlers, drow spiders and something like giant blighted bats. Not 100% sure about the spiders, but at least the bats and crawlers started fighting the goblins and each other (these are the only three mount types I've had goblins arrive on).