Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Judging Interest: RL human civs in DF. (major mod project)  (Read 2168 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Judging Interest: RL human civs in DF. (major mod project)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »

If you're going for a more historical approach I don't think English should be the westerner language since English was the Saxon language before the 12th century were it was the language of the common people, the language of the noble was Latin then it became French, and don't when English become the court language of England since the king of England viewed himself as duke of Normandy before king of England.

Old English student reporting in here. Really old English really can't be read by modern English speakers as it has no unified code of spelling and grammar differences.
We already have a Germanic language and a Romance language being prepared though, so it would probably be best to take a random language (say Breton or Basque, though Basque would be my preference as they're despite being linguistically unrelated the founders of the Spanish Aristocracy) that's unrelated to either language group but in the right geographic region.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »

Toady One said that DF has only tech till the 14th century... So newer stuff is out, but I dont see a peoblem with older things... after all, some people suggested Egyptians.
Some people suggested dinosaurs.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »

It would be nifty if (possibly only trader) humans could trade for the religious texts of other cultures and do their prayers and such.
*eyebrow raise?*

Elves have their tree singers, dwarves have the temples to Armok, ashlander elves pray to their ancestors Dunmer style (presumably for guidance of their blades), orcs perform totem druid worship, succubi worship demons, so on and so forth. This is all from a Masterwork perspective.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »

*Bump
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2014, 10:36:11 pm »

i have been messing around with nobles.
turns out worldgen doesn't like a civ having 2 king equivalints.
or respect sucseaded by
or elected....
i may have to restrict the senate style govermint to your site and have the civ rulled by an early emperor style civ government.
on a plus i got lictors!
now only if their were some way of passing on a parents caste to their children i could make a decent plebian patrician system.

King Kravoka

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 03:16:20 am »

Hmm... This would be useful for my homestuck mod concept, Could I borrow the raws?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 03:41:18 am »

1. Putnam has a homestuck mod already.
2. There are no raws yet.
3. If there are any, feel free to take them. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

King Kravoka

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 02:08:02 am »

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]